Sunday, May 8, 2011

Nicole and Dan's First Mother's Day

My kids invited me and Barbara over for a Mother's Day Breakfast.

B/c I now have diabetes, I made my own breakfast first: 2 eggs, sauteed red pepper and onion w/ fresh scallions on top.

If you do the self-serve at Giant, click on Onions, Green.

I did a perfect self check-out yesterday, with the help of Rainya, but I left the store w/o my groceries.



Dan is making us waffles w/ his gadget from Williams-Sonoma at the mall.

Amazingly this is the first time he used it. The waffles were superb. My blood sugar was over the top so I injected 10 units of insulin instead of 8.

Plain and chocolate waffles.

Dan pouring on the batter.

Grace awaiting her food.

After we ate, Dan pulled out his iPad, a Xmas gift from his company and showed me the Wordpress website where New Directions will relocate.

It's up to me to choose a new template.

I remarked to Dan about a NY Times article I read about Chaz Bono, 42, the only child of Sonny and Cher.

He was born a female in 1969, Chastity. After a life of trying to figure out his sexual identity, he realized he was attracted to women, and wanted to become a woman himself. He couldn't stand the sight of his breasts and rejoiced after they were removed.

Infusions of testosterone helped him to transition into a man, including thinking like a man. He lost patience w/ 'women's talk' the gossipy, relationship-oriented way women express themselves.

And oh are women ever talkative! Except me, I am ultra-bloggative.

Chaz subsequently became interested in gadgets and machines! How like a man.

Barbara Toohey is Nicole's mom. She loves Long Beach Island and drove down over Easter.

Since I'd given the kids Stutz Candy, Barb mentioned that the Stutz at LBI is all boarded up. They also had one in her Philadelphia neighborhood of Frankford.

Two remain - Hatboro on South Warminster Road and Warrington.

Playtime!





Grace has almost as many books as the children's section of the library. I can't wait till she's old enuf to appreciate The Cat in the Hat. Was that cat ever bad!!! Even as an adult, he makes you cringe, all the things he gets away with.

Dan read a Shel Silverstein book aloud: The Giving Tree. It makes me sad, he said. That's cuz it's a sad book.

Last nite I watched a video I checked outa the libe: The Ballad of Narayama. It was so sad and brutal - but a great film nonetheless - that I had to turn it off to give myself a break.





Grace likes to get her diaper changed while standing up. She'd miss too much excitement if she were trapped on the floor.

I told Scott I'd finish bloggin by 3 pm. It's now 2:59. We're leaving right now for his sister's house in Jersey. More good food. Watch yourself, Ruthie, watch yourself!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely day and a delicious breakfast. Sounds like you are getting the hang of figuring out the insulin and balancing with your intake and needs.
    Finally, sounds like you may be as screwy and forgetful as I can also sometimes be. Thought I was the only one who could do something like forgetting my groceries at the store.

    My daughter is sitting and practicing her voice activated software on her computer. She did not know she had it and thinks it is really cool.

    So Dan will be using Wordpress for your site. A few have urged me to also do that but not clear on the advantages and/or disadvantages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dan researched this for me and said it was easy to use, relatively inexpensive, and can hold lots of 'stuff.' voice-activated, huh? sure does sound cool. wish i'd had that at the check-out counter: ruthie, don't forget to take your groceries!

    ReplyDelete