Friday, July 10, 2015

Scott and I Visit The Big City - Franklin Institute - Part I

Rode the train for free since Scott works at SEPTA.
Across the grassy plain awaits The Franklin Institute. We walked 20 minutes to get there from Jefferson Station Stop and then, lordy lordy, waited in lines for 45 minutes before seeing two exhibitions.
 Majestic-looking high-ceilinged entrance way with the former typesetter looking on, quite amazed at the expense of seeing special programs, like the Genghis Khan and Legos Exhibit we would see.

Gave my sneaks a few dollops of lilac-blue squiggles.

 The Heart Room was beating with that ga-lumph ga-lumph rhythm ... the hearts of various mammals spun around on a pole to demonstrate different heartbeats, similar to planets rotating around the sun.



Somehow we arrive at the Legos exhibit. I plunk myself on the floor as we wait to be let in.

Wait a minute! Go across the hall, that's how you get it.

Are you wearing your bracelet? Yes, I am sire. Okay, ma'am, just slip your fat butt into the exhibit. And don't touch anything! 

 Wait a minute! You mean, these are Legos? Yes, miss, now don't touch anything or we'll slap your wrist.
 Shiver me timbers! Ain't this van Gogh's Starry Night?

Tis. Whatcha gonna do about it?

Well, I'm gonna admire it.
Monck's The Scream hard by a Cezanne still life. Was feeling hungry and accidentally went for the yellow bartlett pear, to no avail.

The Great Wave of Kanagawa. Try as I may, when we were in OCNJ, I never did see that pertickly wave.
My mom enjoyed Vermeer paintings when she and the late Jill Mc visited Holland.
A Mandala, I believe, roshi.


 Rembrandt selfie.
All the Lego artwork was done by a man named..... we'll get back to you on this, Miss.

 That you, Nefertiti?
 Remember, everything is made from Legos, including the 2015 bowling champ from Thunderbird Lanes right here at York and Fitzwatertown AND Ajax and Achilles playing a game of dice on this Grecian Urn.

Greece is in big trouble now over debt.
The famous head of

(1) Scott in his Pennypack Trust Creek Cleanup Shirt OF

(2) Nano from Easter Island

 Mud-colored Sphinx
 Giant pencil
Little corner of The Way It Used to Be



Here I am, none the worse for wear, in my last trimester. I'm gazing at a well-lit sarcophagus.

BTW, went to Mom's tonight. Ellen brewed us some of that great Ocean City NJ coffee. I had two full shiny-topped coffees and began getting tired after my second cup.

 Fashion statements.


 Reason I took dis photo is cuz guy in the corner is GORGEOUS!!!
Hey, son, let's pose with the dinos!

BTW, here's what happens when I fall asleep at the computer while waiting for photos to upload. Suddenly I nearly fall out of my chair, as if I'm in a car crash.


 Dig this photo of a motel. Then the Lego man constructs the motel nearby, cementing the blocks into place.


Be sure to sign your name. See Jonah? If you scroll down on this website, you'll see my poem "Danielle in Dog Tags." 

Whoa! Who's the tough-looking dude below?

 Egads! That's Genghis Khan, the first Mongol leader who units the country
He and his family live in a Persian-carpeted home - there's a special name for it in ancient Iran - lying right there on the desert floor.

Sorry to intrude, but it's past my bedtime. Will finish up sometime tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment