Sunday, April 12, 2015

Pink - Aqua - Visiting the Grands - Walking with Luke


Ellen, I don't think you saw my PINK bedroom. The final coat is drying now. Looks GREAT! So cheerful.

When I came home from the kids' just now, I walked into the house and screamed "OMG! Ed, it's gorgeous."

And sent him an email. His retired buddy John works with him during the week.

I think Ed and John may actually finish the job tomro, Monday. On Tuesday he's driving to Boston to do some work for his kids.

Ready?


Aqua.... deserves a poem. Please. I need a rest.

After lunch I took a brief walk down the street as it's a gorgeous day and walking helps with the digestion.

My 84-yo friend Luke was driving by. I was really happy to see him.

I invited him in to watch my Poetry Video.

He liked it a lot. I went over to the window to catch a stinkbug - remember my upstairs office is the sacred burial ground of these critters - but it was too high up to catch him.

Luke has a huge belly. AND he never walks. He entertains himself by driving around in his Grand Prix. He was in Hatboro today and saw where the water main broke, near Impact Thrift. I called my sister Donna and told her when I got the email from my township.

Oh, so that's what it was, she said. The water came back on very quickly.

Okay, Luke, I said when I walked him outside to his car. We're gonna go for a little walk.

He has bad hips, he said. He refuses to go walking, the very thing that would help, which he knows.

We walked three houses down. I told him to call me if he ever wants to walk around. He'll never call, but if I have time - when's that? - I'll walk over to his house and walk with him.

His 45-yo son, Bill, died two summers ago, an incorrigible alcoholic. I asked about Bill's BR.

Valerie has taken it over, he said. Got rid of all Bill's things. I told Luke that I met a friend this morning at the Willow Grove Giant Coffeeshop and had mentioned that I used to see Bill walking around the park next to the Giant.

Walking? Actually staggering. Very very sad. This is why alcoholism is a dread disease and for some people, like Bill, very hard to treat.

Thing is, Bill was a great guy.... very caring.... he knew everything about horticulture.

Image result for locke film  Ever heard of this movie? Scott n I will watch it tonite.

Oh, at Dan's, we went walking in the neighborhood.... .kids everywhere. Stopped off at my friend Claudia's house and spoke with her husband Barry, who's winding up teaching his lit classes at Manor College. He's gotta grade the tests.

Up the street I mentioned to this very tall man that I lived on Cowbell Road in Willow Grove. He said there's a SNL spoof with Christopher Walken about Cowbell.

Shall we see if we can find it?

As the woman who posted it says:  The Quality Sucks. Watch it here.

I'll watch it with you. First, tho, gonna make some popcorn.

Read what "more cowbell" means. 


No comments:

Post a Comment