Tuesday, September 10, 2013

How Citi Cards Tried to Cheat Me Out of my Own Money! - How Facebook is Changing - Walmart Rant


Sarah and I are traveling to London and Paris for 11 days during the last week of October.

Sarah made the reservations thru Orbitz, a popular ticketing agency for airline flights, cruises, hotels and all things travel.

Sarah used my credit card - which you may, too - if you can guess the 16-digit numbers.

Obitz goofed and billed me twice for the airfare.

Sarah was on the phone with them for over an hour getting things straightened out.

My credit card bill is due on 9/16. The current bill says I owe $4,300, which includes being billed twice by Orbitz for our British Airways (!!!!!) flight.

This morning, while making my Kale/Blubbery/Peanut Smoothie, I spoke to "Sondra of Maryland" about the amount I must pay.

"Do you mind if I put you on hold, Mrs. Deming?"

"Of course not," I said, while pouring a cup of soy milk into the blender.

When she came back, here's what she said.

"We'd like you to pay the full amount... the $4,319.09."

"Are you kidding?" I said. "I'm NOT paying the full amount. I'm paying you what I owe you. Please tell me what I owe you."

"I understand," said Sondra of Maryland.

$2,364.29 is a damn sight better than four grand.

When I'm not traveling around the world - so far I've been to many Caribbean countries, Alaska, and points west - most of my moolah is spent on gas and groceries at the Giant, where I carry my own canvas bag that says "Acme" on it. My sister Ellen gave it to me. 

I also give $5 per month to WHYY and $75 per month to a collection agency b/c I didn't have health insurance when I went to Abington Memorial Hospital for a TIA.

*

Daily dose of Max Atticus.

 THIS is the only reason why I go on Facebook. Max Atticus Deming and family are at Ocean City, NJ.


They went to the Cape May Zoo today. Scott and I could never find it. Say hello to Grace Catherine Deming.

How has Facebook changed? Ads galore. Every other entry is an ad for me to look at. Which of course I don't.

I also don't "like" businesses. The fools that "like" these are gonna get heaps more ads than I already do.

Now they've figured out a way for Facebook users to stay on Facebook while you listen to music or videos that "friends" recommend.

My computer-savvy son Dan told me the object is to stay on one page and not leave it. I always made a point of leaving Facebook, to fool them that I'm not addicted.

It's so easy not to be addicted.

How?

Have real life encounters with people you like.

Look em in the eyes and speak the King's English.

*

My loyal readers - I think there are eight of you now! - know that I lost a contact lens when I was hospitalized for a UTI.

I had one spare lens which I'm wearing right now and I've gotten used to. Our bodies are endlessly resilient and get used to most things, including concentration camps.

Speaking of which, Hitler's bodyguard died the other day. "The nicest man," said Misch about Hitler. "Everyone loved him."

Especially the Jews. Misch, 96 at his death, said he knew nothing about the concentration camps.

So I wanted to get my contact lenses replaced ASAP. An appt with my eye doctor - Eric George, MD - would take forever, so I called Walmart and made an appt for the next day.

I was very pleased - AT THE TIME - with the service.

And then I waited and waited for them to call.


When I called them yesterday, John said they lost my file.

I do apologize, he kept saying.

I was frigging furious.

I'm gonna give you a bad review, I shouted into the phone. And in fact I did. But I forgot to add in my review that they don't return your phone calls.

Anyway, John said he had misplaced my file - thanks for owning up TO YOUR GODDAM MISTAKE, JOHN - no, I've really cooled down since then - and he said he'd call me when the lens comes in.

What dyou think?

Are they gonna call?

1 comment:

  1. Ruth, I love your blogs, articles, and love for ND. I buy my lenses at BJ's. I've found their price to be the most reasonable for me.

    ReplyDelete