Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Cold Lentil Salad (!) - London, OH, Correctional Facility - New Spring Wardrobe for $20.50

Cold Lentil Salad with fresh mint from the garden, crumbled Feta Cheese, and fresh-squeezed lemon.

America's Test Kitchen made this thother day.

This is one of the most delicious dishes I've ever made.

Scott and I stopped off at Mom's. Brought her this flower arrangement from my garden, stuck into a Harrod's tea tin I had.

Among my mom's papers she gave me was this note addressed to my dad.
London Correctional Institution
London Correctional Institution in London, OH.

Apparently, a Harold Vandergriff of the prison sent out letters to perspective employers to hire inmates upon their release. 

The note reads, in part:
Dear Mr. Greenwold:

Thank for your prompt and courteous reply to my letter and the compliment on the form on  my application. This is an unusual extension of courtesy since I have been quite unsuccessful in getting replies to most of my applications.
 Emailed the prison to show it to them and just got a return email:

If it is not too much trouble, could you send the original to me?  We have a historical showcase and this would fit right in.  My address is:

Vickey Justus 

I have a former client who spent five years in prison - he was paranoid and had unregistered guns in his back seat - but did learn a trade. He now works in a barber shop.

Was thinking about the odd name of London, Ohio.

Then I remembered. Ohio has loads of cities named after famous cities across the state.

I attended overnight camp at Camp Cardinal in Rome, Ohio.

Gosh, I haven't thought of Camp Cardinal in ages. It was like a jolt to my brain.

Other cities are Athens, Medina (in Saudi Arabia, burial place of the prophet Mohammed) Toledo, Euclid, and Parma, a city in Italy.

Behold! My spring wardrobe ...



 When I drove Rosemary to the hairdresser's yesterday, I went for a walk while waiting for her and came upon a thrift shop.

Quite simply, it was the best one I've ever patronized.

The dressing room was huge. Plenty of room to move about.

No comments:

Post a Comment