Saturday, September 24, 2011

Giant Food Stores Buy and Close

You heard it here first. I have two friends who work at the Giant Food Store, one in Willow Grove, the other in Abington.

The Abington Giant will close. They'll send Linda to their Horsham store.

Giant Food Company, owned by the Netherlands-based Ahold Company of fine supermarkets, will buy all the Genuardi's in the area.

In my opinion that means better prices, more organic foods, better customer service.

We love our Willow Grove Giant. Our support group New Directions meets in the upstairs classroom twice a month, Helen Kirschner leader, with Johannes Ponsen as her sub. These people are so good I don't have to attend.

For our upcoming Bonfire on Sunday, October 2, they always give us a $25 gift card. This year, under new management, they gave us $10.

Linda at the Abington Giant will get us another gift card.

We send people to nutritionist Mary Ann Moylen to get a good start on how to eat well. No, when I saw her yesterday, I did not tell her that this diabetic went to Weinrich's bakery for a 99-cent jelly doughnut that left powdered sugar on my lips.

We use their upstairs classrooms for our free programs.

Giant has been good to us. They also make donations to fight world hunger.

I wrote an article about them for Patch.com, Upper Moreland edition, about their World Conference on Obesity.

I should really write an article about this for Patch.com, but, frankly, my dear, I'd rather watch a good movie with Scott.

No comments:

Post a Comment