Sunday, September 11, 2011

Dinner for Three - Baked Cod in sassy sauce - Fiesta potato salad

I bought frozen cod at the Giant and wanted to try it. Recipes? Google em, then make em your own, and give it a fancy name.

Am very careful about the food I eat. The cod is from fresh water and was frozen w/o preservatives. I also bot Sockeye Salmon, which I haven't tried yet, hence the sockeye salmon I used in Saturday's poem Coming Home.

Instead of keeping a recipe card, I simply consult my blog.

BAKED COD WITH SASSY SAUCE

Defrost cod in fridge. Open and thoroughly dry each fish.

Into the blender put:

1/3 Cup oats
1/3 Cup almonds
1 large slice Crystallized Ginger for tang and sweetness

Pour dry ingredients into large bowl, big enuf to fit a slice of cod.

Put an egg in another bowl, beat, and add seasoning such as Parsley.

Have greased baking pan ready (I use Pyrex containers)

Now you will dip the cod into the egg mixture, both sides, then coat w/dry ingredients and place into greased baking pan.

Add juice from half a lemon into the remaining egg mixture.

Pour this mixture over the cod.

Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes.

FIESTA POTATO SALAD

Steam your potaters, carrot chunks, and asparagus (!). Giant's green beans were a sorry-looking lot.

Chopped onion and other things in fridge like green or red pepper

Make dressing w/mayo, moutarde, and pressed garlic

2 comments:

  1. It hurts to type so luckily this post requires a short comment. Mmmmm. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope someone is providing you with lots of nourishing delicious meals!

    ReplyDelete