Monday, October 3, 2016

Willow Grove Day Camp has been sold - Death of Robin Williams - Poem: Will I Be Late?

cam

While I was shopping at Giant with boot, I met Bill K once again. He's the groundskeeper at Willow Grove Day Camp and lives there for free.

Bill is not to be confused with the groundskeeper in Lady Chatterly's Lover.

He told me the camp was sold to the YMCA.

Did you know there's a catchy song about the YMCA?

Bill thinks he'll have a job with the Y. Altho he's 69, he's not about to retire.

He and his wife will live at Heritage Creek which is where (Uncle) Howie and Gloria live.

"Is that where Tulip Lane is?" I asked.

Yes, said Bill. It's the main street.

That's where the co-chair of my MGPGP dept lives with his wife Arlene, who has a teeny tiny Argentinian voice. They have all sorts of primitive masks and sculptures there. He also has some sort of memento from Irv Yalom, father of group psychotherapy.

Image result for irv yalom


WILL I BE LATE?

I've a date this morning
with my friends
Joe, Josh, John and
the Girls, but in
bed this morning when
the mind goes wild
I thought of a faster
way to reach them.

Down Byberry I will go
past Mom's and the
Fleishers, my eyes
searching for Pine.

Will my eyes blur with
anxiety, my heart romp
all over my chest?

Only one way to find out.'s
Heigh-ho Silver.

***
I was 10 minutes early. Ran my Now and Then Group. As I've said, I make them use their imagination, reflect on things, and do a little teaching. Told them about Hurricane Matthew which is in the Caribbean - where's the Caribbean - where it's landed - track it here.

Probly b/c I'm a therapist and know how to gauge people, we talked a lot about death today. It simply came up and people wanted to talk about it, esp. "Kate" who lost a daughter to cancer - I still can't believe it, she said, and her husband to Parkinson's.

I said Very slow progress is being made against Park's and mentioned Michael J Fox and his foundation. Everyone agreed he's probly not doing well.

Let's see.

Health and activism

Fox started displaying symptoms of early-onset Parkinson's disease in 1991 while shooting the movie Doc Hollywood, although he was not properly diagnosed until the next year.[33] After his diagnosis, Fox began drinking more heavily than in the past; however, he sought help and stopped drinking altogether.[50] In 1998, he decided to go public with his condition, and since then he has been a strong advocate of Parkinson's disease research.[6] His foundation, The Michael J. Fox Foundation, was created to help advance every promising research path to curing Parkinson's disease, including embryonic stem cell studies.[6]
Fox manages the symptoms of his Parkinson's disease with the drug carbidopa/levodopa,[51] and he also had a thalamotomy in 1998.[52]


.Carly and I visited Solebury Orchards a couple of years ago.

Also at the Giant I met Carly and Charlie Brown. Hadn't seen Carlana in ages. Just emailed our writing group to say I saw her.

She's running a creative arts group at Gloria Dei and loves it.

Told her I love my PT job at Symphony Manor, where I went today.

Met Carly Brown and husband Charlie while shopping. I was talking to Larry.

Larry, I asked. What's the best kind of soup of buy, I asked.

Italian meal ball is dull, he said. Your best bet is the corn chowder.

Larry used to work as a repairer of musical instruments! The owner sold the place, tho he didn't have to, said Larry, so he got this job.

I told him to check out DeLuca's Instruments in Hatboro. Maybe they'd have work for him.

The wife of the late Robin Williams made public his losing battle with Lewy Body Dementia. Read about it here. 

A terrible disease. No wonder he killed himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment