Saturday, March 7, 2009

The birds are singing!

My front door is wide open so the glorious sun can shine inside. I have just gone out into the front yard holding a warm cup of tea and walking all around the yard watching for signs of spring.

The birds were arrayed on the side of my house, chirping from Sarah's windowbox and atop the two room air-conditioners. When I yelled up a big hello to them, they scattered. As it should be. Wild things should remain wild.

Touring the outside, I watched for green sprouts. The only thing I found were my poppies coming up! They bloom in May. Where are all my bulbs? The crocus and daffodils and jonquils. The squirrels must have got them.

Gotta clean up the living room now so I can think straight. And also plan what to say at my talk at 1 pm today at the library. After the talk we'll all troop over to Manhattan Bagel. Ilyas the Greek agreed to stay open late for us. After you do your work, there's nothing like celebrating with a delicious meal.