Thursday, February 25, 2016

Last Night's Dinner, Eggs Carbonera - New poem: The Fall: Body Meets Concrete

Bernie, I asked, what are you making for dinner?

A simple dinner, he said. Spaghetti with garlic and mushrooms.

Yum! I said. I think I'll make the same thing. Except I'll add eggs.

It's called Eggs Carbonera. Remember the spelling - the carbon era.

I learned the recipe when my ex and I used to watch Romanogli's Table back in TX.



We're sitting at TV tables and eating. Sarah, you weren't born yet. She doesn't read my blogs. Does anyone?

We always watched Star Trek and The Evening News. Too bad he had to die. He was married to his second wife, Donna. Did I tell you I attended the funeral? She invited me out of politeness and didn't think I'd attend.

Life is for the living!


Delicious, though it raised my blood sugar quite a bit.

And now, Ladies and Gentlemen, on to my library movie Bridge of Spies.

After that, I promise to get back to the Compass.

Image result for bridge of spies  Great acting. The only one I know is Matt Damon, I mean Tom Hanks. If Hanks is in the film it's gotta be good. The guy in the middle plays a Russian spy.

Bridge of Spies is a 2015 American historical drama-thriller film directed by Steven Spielberg from a screenplay written by Matt Charman, Ethan Coen, and Joel Coen. The film stars Tom Hanks, Mark Rylance, Amy Ryan, and Alan Alda. Based on the 1960 U-2 incident during the Cold War



BODY MEETS CONCRETE

Why is it
that when
you fall
your brain
cries Trauma!

I've awoken
from sleep
my legs
jerking
like a
runaway
pair of scissors

Lack of control
perhaps, as my
knees and hands
meet unyielding
concrete,
a hateful enemy
that refuses
to bend

The top step
of only three
big steps I'm
not used to

No excuse for a
former tennis
player who
rushed the net

Slowly slowly
I fell, outraged,
as I went down
like a toddler

Sat sulking through
the lecture of what
brought ME down, the
hell with Andrew
Johnson

When the program was
all over, Elaine, the
emcee, limped to the
platform.

Good! I cried inside.
Good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment