Thursday, July 4, 2013

Fourth of July BBQ - Mulberry Pie a la Mode with Cheese on Top - Delicious Charred Hot Dogs - Photos of David Greenwold

 Scott drove with Donna. Ethan and Sarah drove with me.
 Ellen's delicious quiche. My asparagus bean salad.
 Max and mom.

Max takes his independence seriously! Happy 4th!! Swiped off Facebook.
 Vegetarian husband and wife Matt and Jade Malinda Greene Piccarilli. Note: Check spelling of Malinda.
 Sarah and Ethan in roomy backyard of Argyle Socks Road.
 Ruth Zali Greenwold Deming.
 Nothing better than wearing a dress in the hot weather. If you're a girl. Or a Scot.
 Flower child. Sarah and Grace had a great time together.
 Mom-mom and Max.That 3- month-old baby did not make a peep the entire time. We all took turns holding him.
 BBQ-meister Daniel Paul Deming. My blue-eyed boy.

Where's Grace?
 Hello, Mom. We enjoyed your vegetarian chili and pineapple bread pudding.
My late brother David Richard Greenwold. Yesterday, July 3, was the anniversary of his death. He would've been 52 years old. He's 15 yrs younger than I am.

 My mom gave Sarah this picture of David and Sarah and Dan. They're out on Mom's patio. David looked happy then.

Grace's bedroom is filled with books including these old classics. I never heard of Burt Dow by the great Robt McCloskey (Blueberries for Sal, Make Way for Ducklings). I'll ask Mr Jim where to find it in the library and will sit down and read it.
Blank was sitting it out on Grace's bed. We had a nice chat. Blank is a talking cat. And that is the truth.
Anyone want the last piece of Jade's mulberry pie? She got the mulberries from her backyard. We have them here, too.

They were delicious with Edy's ice cream - caramel flavor - on top. I also found some cheddar cheese - for the hamburgers - and put it on top like we did in the old days.

A complete meal.

Now, if you'll excuse me I'm gonna ride my stationery bike for the next four hours.

Scott got me off so I could drive him to the train. It'll be mobbed, he said, b/c people are going to Penn's Landing to see the fireworks.

My Aunt Tay lived until she was 98. AND had all her marbles.

When she died we ransacked her apartment. Well, not exactly. Her daughter Sally told us to take what we wanted.

Donna asked me today what I took.

This is a trick question. Identify the one book that she did not leave behind.

Aunt Tay was an artist. When I was 8 yrs old, she gave our family the art book on the upper left. It's still a part of my library.

The other books she gave me I've not had a chance to open yet.

The one on the bottom is the writing of Washington Irving. Quick! What characters are identified with him?


Here's Toulous Lautrec. My god, what a name!

2 comments:

  1. Nice day and lots of good photos. Doesn't Max look so much like Dan looked when tiny?

    I never had mulberry pie. Sounds yummy. Just posted my own 4th article too. Didn't do anything today, which was nice too. I have so much catching up on your blog to do. Have fallen behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for stopping by, iris! yes, max looks a lot like dan. i did go on my bike for 20 minutes cuz of all the stuff i ate. diabetes, you know. i have 18 yrs to go before it starts doing its terrible damage and by then i'll be dead.

    ReplyDelete