Friday, February 6, 2009

Hovering around freezing!

February 7 is an important day. It's my daughter's 35th birthday. Her husband will be not be with her. He will be performing in Houston where her 88-year-old grandmother and her Uncle David will hear his band play. I shall send my greetings over the phone with my apron on. I'll be preparing the dough for my breadmaking class that day at Abington Free Library.

While pregnant with Sarah and living with her dad in Giddings, Texas, the whole nation was waiting to hear what became of the kidnapped heiress Patty Hearst. She is later shown in newspaper photos - like the paper her famous great-grandfather Randolph Hearst published - brandishing a machine gun as a new member of the Symbionese Liberation Army.

Many parents have things they're ashamed of to tell their kids. "Yes, Lydia and Gillian, before I married daddy, Mommy was a guerrilla warrior and a bank robber."

Presidents Carter and Blinton pardoned her and she was released from jail. The Stockholm Syndrome I think they call it. Of COURSE she should've been freed. My dad who was alive at the time said she was "a sex slave" in her new group.

Oh! Now I remember what I wanted to talk about. There were 8 or 9 of us at the IHOP last nite after the meeting. It was freezing cold outside but all the parking lots were nicely shoveled. I'm a big fan of not falling in the snow and breaking your coccyxz. I wear my big clodhopper boots which is like walking with two trees as your feet.

Some of us still wore our nametags from the meeting. I love wearing nametags and envision walking down the streets of New York and seeing nametags on everyone. I am very fussy about what kind of nametags we use - blue rimmed with the word Hello imprinted on them. It puts me in a friendly mood. Someone once bought red nametags. They were very distracting.

We all talk so much at the IHOP that we can barely order our food. We did a fun thing at the table. We all went round the circle just like at New Directions with the following instructions: Introduce yourself and say where you live and select one interesting thing to discuss about your person w/o disrobing such as your jewelry, Terry. Plus, Ruth will name the zipcode of where each person lives.

Ah, 19090, 19040, 19001, 19038, 08xxx

When it was Phil's turn, I said you live in 19002 Ambler and he said Yes. He tried to 'pass' and not talk about something on his person so I asked him about his mustache. I am interested in mustaches because my boyfriend has had one since he was in utero. So have I. Phil said he used to have a thick beard and was trimming it one day but was not paying attention and cut into it. Thereafter he confined himself to a mustache.

Me too.

At table I asked if anyone would like me to email them a link to a fascinating story of the most-wanted Nazi still believed alive. Peter said he'd like to read it. Here it is. Why is it so hard to believe the Holocaust was real, Father Pius? And Mel Gibson? I just don't understand. Let's try to figger it out. These two individuals hate Jews. So wouldn't they have applauded the Holocaust as a way to get rid of us?

Oh, I'm so distressed I had to get a drink of tonic water.