Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Spontaneous Generation - Cauliflower Mushroom Casserole - Fastnachts from Weinrich on Fat Tuesday - Amaryllis Update - Poem: In the Snowy Kitchen



Amaryllis Update

Peekaboo, coming through, coming through


Tea?  Hot Cinnamon Spice by Harney and Sons.

Today I mailed out the bulk of my St Valentine's Day cards. I composed 5 poems to people and mailed em all at the Hatboro PO, which I deem the closest to my house.

Bryn Athyn 19009 may be, but one time it took three weeks for a local person to receive my note.

That's called aversive conditioning. Speaking of which, Netflix had a movie called  The Experimenter, the story of Stanley Milgrim and his famous obedience study, which he compared with Adolf Eichmann's "just following orders."

The film contained clips from Eichmann's trial, as well as other experiments by Milgrim, who I didn't realize was dead. He was interested in crowd behavior. He had his students stand in the middle of Manhattan and look up at tall buildings. Stooges, they were called.

Passersby would follow suit, looking upward and seeing nothing.

I get him confused with Philip G Zombardo. Born in 1933, he's 82 and teaches at Stanford. He's Sicilian. I used to watch him - years ago - in the mil of the night.

Spent hours writing the poems then cutting out hearts and Scotch-taping the poems onto them.

Music I listened to?  The Bad Plus, John Adams "Road Music" and Chick Corea (piano) and Bela Fleck (banjo), which Scott bought for me when we went to their concert at the Keswick.


Here's the Cauliflower Parm Dish. I ate it while watching The Twilight Zone, first season. Mirror Image with Vera Miles and Martin Milner was the first one.... great! Look, they're all great. And the second was The Monsters are Due on Maple Street.

The casserole was labor intensive. When I make it again, I'll leave out a few steps.

 I dipped each cauli floret in a couple of beaten eggs with fresh garlic added, dried it on a plate, then popped it into sizzling olive oil, browned it, and put it in a baking pan.
 I also sauteed mushrooms to give it added flavor
Baking pan in the sink is smeared with vaseline - oops - olive oil, and then layered with

an entire jar of spaghetti sauce
Parm cheese
slices of your fave cheese - I used Monterrey Jack
poured a little wine over it, when finished layering

Preheat oven to 400

Bake for 20 minutes, uncovered, then check for doneness.

Next time I will saute the collies w/o the egg.

Quite honestly, I dreaded making it bc it was so complicated.


Fastnacht doughnuts from Weinrich's bakery with their House Blend Breakfast Coffee. I remembered from a couple yrs ago how delicious the jelly was inside.

One of the first things I noticed when the woman put the doughnut in the bag was it did not have the name Weinrich on the bag like last time.

 Got me nails and hooves done at Green Tea Salon near the library.
 I look like the Shiva goddess

Image result for shiva goddess  You should only look so good, Ruthie.

IN THE SNOWY KITCHEN

Dark kitchen
surrounded outside
with newly fallen snow

I slip through the
window and tiptoe
pajama-clad

Underneath the maple
that’s dressed in
a Christ-like
white shroud

I worship beneath
the tree, God’s
in every little
snow flake

and in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment