Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Yin and Lee and Mee meet for lunch at the Colonel's

Please congratulate the always-thinking Yin Liu who graduated from TU in International Finance. She and husband Patrick Otis Cox live in North Wales, PA.

My graduation gift to Yin is this invaluable Lemon Press and one fresh lemon from Giant.

Yin's sister Lee is visiting from the family's hometown in Dalian, on the west coast of China near Japan.
Scenes off the Internet.

Lee is the youngest of five children. Back in those days - Lee is 43 - there was no limit on how many kids you could have. Lee and Yin's folks did quite well - the dad was an engineer in an engine factory and is now retired.

The family stays in touch by phone and email.

Lee would like to live here. In China, she's an accountant at a hospital.

Widowed five years ago, she came to visit with her 10-yo son. They both love America but are surprised at our unhealthy fried-foods diet.

The boy is already enrolled in school, where he is struggling with the English language.

Photo 
Here's the little fellow. He'll enrich any American classroom where he's a student.

Photo
Yin and husband Patrick.


Two delicious dishes from Colonial Quy-Bau in Willow Grove, PA



Here's my Tilapia.

I gotta have a pic of your pocketbook I said to Yin. Everything she has is so beautiful. She commented about the lovely presentation of the food at the kernal's, as I call the place.

Lee actually thanked me for taking her picture. Most people cringe.

What does she like best about America, I asked.

The fresh air - no pollution! The temperature and the friendliness of the people.

I commented that China's new president visited us last week.



They could be twins! Ironic that Obama's not gonna mention 'human rights violations' - he was just outed for monitoring phone calls and social media. At least I'm not gonna get in trouble for criticizing him.

Sisters. Yin has helped her sister since her brother/law died five years ago. "You must move forward," she tells her.

Lee brought me a gift - a tin of tea.

How shall I make it, I asked.

Remember that teapot I gave you? said Yin.

I did make a pot full and it's cooling right here next to me.

WOWEE! This is some delicious tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment