Thursday, April 26, 2012

New couch - Leda and the Swan

The perfect living room. I do love the color Red. This is Georgio Armani's home in Switzerland.

My new sofa-bed from Gamburg's was lonely. Loneliness is an awful feeling. When was the last time you felt lonely? Hmmm, let's ask Wordsworth. He has an answer.

Persuaded my sister Donna......
to come over to see my new kitchen door and flowers. And totem pole!

Sent my neighbor Patrick an email saying I had a lil extra cash and bot a sculpture for $1,000. He wrote back "What a steal! You should've bought two."

Stopped off at my kidney doctor with a letter I composed this morning.

In the letter I said I wanted to wean off my 5 mg of Prednisone b/c of my diabetes. I mentioned that Einstein Medical Center is unique in keeping people on the Pred. My friends at Thomas Jefferson and University of PA are not on this bone-bruising steroid.

She liked my back door and the new lilac bush I bought for a song at Galbally's right around the corner. I ate my breakfast omelet out on the back steps.

Donna and I drove separately to Gamburg's so saleswoman Amy could help me select a couch. I was there yesterday. She knows my budget and the width of the matching couches I need.

I got two lovely red couches with dynamic pillows. They're called "three-cushion sofas," meaning they don't have cushions in the back. Very comfy. Donna thought they were hideous. Eight weeks for delivery.

Wait till my son hears I've bought another couch. He never reads my blog.

THE SAD SAGA OF THE SWAN

So I drop off my prednisone letter at Dr Kidney's and go for a 20-minute aerobic walk. I walk down Mansfield Road which is incredibly steep. When I get to the top I decide not to walk further b/c I don't know my sugar level.

Diabetes rules my life.

So I return to my car in the parking lot of the Hypertension-Nephrologists on Fitzwatertown Road. Then I spy Swan Lake - see foto above right.

Wouldn't it be nice to see the swan again.

When I got there, two geese were over by the water. She was apparently sitting on her eggs so I kept away from them.

The swan saw me from afar and quickly swam over. I stood near another shore and bent over slightly to look at the beautiful white feathers.

My hope was to collect a white feather to add to my collection.

Imagine my shock when the swan bounded ashore and began pecking me with his very strong beak. I quickly turned around and loped toward the parking lot.


He not only pursued me but got between my legs as if he intended to rape me or wanted me to ride him like a pony.

I didn't want to engage him in battle for fear he'd escalate the fight. I knew I could make it to the parking lot and safety.

The parking lot is for medical offices - not my kidney doctor - and a man in a green car was backing out.

I'm being attacked by a swan, I called out as he drove away.

When I came home I goggled 'swan attack.' A 37-yo Chicago man was killed earlier this week when a swan attacked his kayak and he drowned


Zeus, in the form of a swan, raped Leda. Read about it here in the Mount Olympus Chronicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment