Friday, October 12, 2018

Margaret Fitzpatrick to the Rescue - Starry Night




This morning I sent Z great Margaret Fitzpatrick an email asking if I could see her soon.

She told me to come over at 1 pm.

Hurray! I don't want my leg to be in pain during THIS IS MY BRAVE, which is coming up on Thursday, October 18.

I titled my talk What a Long Strange Trip This Has Been.

She gave me loads of exercises to do, many of which had to do with Balance. Told her when Scott and I ride our bikes and there are other folks coming the other way, my bike wobbles.

She and I went for a walk outdoors. She told me when my leg starts to hurt I should bend from the waist down.

It's always such a pleasure being with her.

When I left I carefully crossed the street - the Nascar race drivers were out in full force - and went to Silvio's Deli - which finally got A/C - and bought Scott and me a large tuna hoagie.



We walked nearly three miles down the Pennypack Trail, not the usual trail, but the one across the street where the original dedication took place.

Here's my blog post about the dedication.

We walked until we got to the Bryn Athyn PA post office. I went indoors and asked when will the bridge be fixed.

2021.



At home, we wolfed down our tuna hoagies and then repaired to his bedroom to watch the PBS Evening News, snoozing a bit as we watched.

Al Gore was interviewed by Judy Woodruff about climate change.

What's with his hair, I asked Scott.

To me it looked golden.

It's white.

Al Gore, please show yourself. He had no wedding ring on.



He won a Nobel Peace Prize in 2007 for his work on Climate Change.

Read more about Gore, who is 70,

Here on his own website or on

Wiki.

Marcy had recommended a Netflix film, which, apparently, hasn't been posted, so we watched a film called PRIVATE LIFE, about a married couple trying to get pregnant.

His private life concerned his one testicle and her oocytes which weren't producing. A woman is born with all her ovum. Hold on and we'll find out together how many there are.

Good Lord, this is complicated. Click here or not.

Sitting in my front window sill is a marvelous jack-o-lantern I bought this morning at The Giant. I also bought 5 tiny punkins.

Two are missing. We blame everything on the squirrels.

What a beautiful night this is.

Scuse me a sec, and I'll write a poem about it, after I take out my flask of  Ernest Hemingway whiskey. Just joshin.




STARRY NIGHT

Yes, van Gogh at Arles looked up and saw it, too
I've got a reprint in my bedroom
But none of these count.
The thing you must do
is go outside, in the dark night,
no matter what the weather,
no matter what pressing issues
await
and stand head held high
to see the majesty of
the night sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment