Friday, September 14, 2018

Deadline for Hektoen quickly approaches - poem PINK - World's Oldest Cave Painting So Far

Napping is a non-entity now, 12:32 pm. I did just ride bike, tho, to the BeeGees. Scott and I ate at Bonefish Grill. Brrrr! Freezing inside. Had a giant cup of hot water w lemon to warm myself up. All I needed was a roaring fire, a nice warm bathrobe, and a Scotch and soda, and to hear the clink of the ice.

Altho it was good, I won't never order anudder fish taco, everything kept falling out including the sauce. Was wearing a very fancy dress with those odd bell sleeves - not you, Courier Bell - I don't seem able to get out stains anymore.

Mom, in her prime, was a stain master. Am writing about her in several Hektoen stories. How can I put it? Fading like Gloria Swanson in Sunset Boulevard.

After Bonefish, which featured one rich Coconut Creme Pie, Scott and I napped together in his bed.I learned something very important. I often wake up with dry mouth. He said it's from snoring. I'd thought it was another symptom of my body breaking down.

The worst thing about Hektoen is the page numbers and the title page. They want it in a special way.

Rem calls my poem PINK, an aubade. I looked it up but can't remember. Methinks it's a dinner poem.

WORLD'S OLDEST CAVE PAINTING
SO FAR

Viola Wyke
Cinderella Paradiso
Art teachers of the
Long Ago
Are you surprised to find
these renderings of
self-expression
on dank cave walls
70,000 years ago?

Our Elder Artists
would delight in
outdoor sculptures
at the Michener Museum
not to mention the designs
we paint on fingernails,
Ms. Ruby, and toenails,
a bright red for me
signifying the glory of
J S Bach.

***


PINK

Before dawn I woke and
thrust my head through
the drapes to see if
the world had changed.

Everything was pink.
A frightening pink
that boded no good.

The wildfires in California.
Had their toxins drifted over
to our town to bring forth
newborns of damning deficits?

When Scott and I walked through
Bloomingdales yesterday we saw
pink-bottomed drinking glasses.
So pink you wanted to buy them
immediately, yes 40 percent off
b/c the world may be ending
and we needed these glasses
to drink to that!

AUBADE is a poem about the Dawn.

*
This blog is tilting on its axis. If I go off it to look up something, I can't get back on. I'd like to show you the beautiful pink drinking glass we saw at Bloomingdale's. (I refuse to say Bloomies.)



No comments:

Post a Comment