Monday, December 25, 2017

Photos of Bday Party - Part One - Held on Sunday, Christmas Eve, 2017

Top: Preview of Ruth as a redhead. Mimi of Hair Cuttery Abington combined two shades of auburn to produce my new do. She's originally from Vietnam. Her clients came in and brought her gifts. She in turn bought them gifts. She's worked there 11 years.






Window sill dans le living.
 Sarah wore this hat to keep her long hair from falling into the food.

My Ikea table once belonged to The Demings and before that Nicole's brother Sean. I have very strong feelings about buying new things - why? - unless you must.

I wanted to surprise Ada and Rich who bought me this outfit at Chico's. I had it hemmed right near the Hair Cuttery at S & H Cleaners.





This was a cheese tray with wonderful cheese Sarah bought in her Brooklyn neighborhood. I picked her up around noon from the train station. Parked in Kremp's and it was there I noticed my front tire was losing air.

A nail had pierced it, said Scott, who removed it in the 30 degree cold and will drive it to the repair shop tomro.
 Ethan arrived via Uber from Brooklyn.
 The kids sat and relaxed until the big bash would begin.
Daughter/law Nicole got rave reviews for her new hairdo. She bought an enormous b'day cake from the Giant which I loved. B/c you can't eat cake w/o ice cream, I bought Turkey Hill Vanilla and Chocolate Peanut Butter.
 Grace would twirl around in her new red sparkly dress.
 Dan at one of our hors derve tables. Someone said this is the first party they've been to that served oranges. Actually Mandarin Oranges.

Image result for a bar at the folies-bergère   Manet, 1892. I actually saw the original painting when it traveled to the Metro Museum of Art in NYC.

Image result for metro museum of art cat calendar
A gift book from the museum arrived and I ordered my friend Marcy a lovely cat calendar for her birthday.


Since Grace and Max were running all over the house, I suggested they open their books, from Sarah from a neighborhood book store.

Here's Randy Smith. When he learned Ethan was a jazz pianist he asked if he knew Randy's first cousin Tim Berne, jazz musician. Did he ever! Tim plays sax and is the guy with all the hair.

When Ethan was growing up in Minnesota he loved jazz and listened to the great masters including
Tim Berne.

Years later, Ethan moved to Brooklyn. He and Sarah were looking for an apartment and got a call from the rental agent.

They traveled to their current apartment which was recently vacated by Tim Berne.

 It was so great having Sarah help me set up the party. People liked my green bean salad which needed a little salt. Here's Ada and below Rich.
 Sarah is heating up something in the oven. It's been here since the day I moved in....in 1989.
 Two photos of Remington Murphy who's in our Beehive Writing Group.
Now I'm gonna send you on your way. Please return for Part Two.

No comments:

Post a Comment