Sunday, November 12, 2017

Poem: Oh, those swiftly moving sophomores - Got me HP desk top fixed at Staples

OH, THOSE SWIFTLY MOVING SOPHOMORES

At the Giant I parked in the way way back
the bleachers, you might say, pushing my cart
with my dinner inside, the chocolate donut
I mulled over, deciding which was the best
for my condition.

A tall Asian man with headsets on
carried two plastic bags of groceries
swaying in each hand, a modern day
John Wayne, off to his Penn State dorm room
across the way

I labored with each step as I wove
my way through the packed parking lot,
smelling the Whoppers at the Burger King
reminding me of summer BBQs and that my
sophomore days are long gone.

***

Click here for ANGEL HEALING MUSIC, courtesy of Judy McD.

***

Scott n I watched Film Noir on TCM - c'mon Ruthie remember the name - I do remember it was the first movie filmed in NYC - it starred Bobby Driscoll as a boy who cried wolf.

Do not goggle Bobby unless you wanna feel sad. 31 when he died. 

Image result for little bobby driscoll

Image result for little bobby driscoll         

***
Brought my detested HP desk top computer to Staples where Becky F fixed it quite quickly.

***

 This chocolate frosted doughnut was DEE-LICIOUS!!!

 I dunked it in Earl Grey Tea. A big hunk of doughnut fell inside the cup and sank to the bottom like the Titanic.
 Liz Smith, gossip columnist, died today at age 94. The Times had a 20-minute interview with her when she was a young thing of 85.

Guess what I'm gonna do now?

Fall into bed.

PS - Emailed Freda Rose my latest version of The Human Albatross. Scott liked it and thought it was true. No, I said, it's yet anudder story based on a friend of mine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment