Friday, September 15, 2017

Oh no! Old faucet can't be fixed - New One very expensive! - Ode to Shiny New Faucet

 Joe from Guy M Cooper told me I needed a new toilet. It's all calcified at the bottom, he said. Bob Frisch put in my old toilet.

Scott stopped me from buying a new one today.

 My old faucet can't be fixed. It's an off brand. So he drove to Weinstein Plumbing Supply and got me a new faucet.

Total price for faucet and labor is $871.30. 
Here's tall Joe working on the shut-off valves underneath. Scott is dictating.

His house is being worked on right now by Bob Walmsley.


 Lovely new sink made by Mainline.
 See it posing in different positions?


"He did a great job," said Scott.

That made me feel great! 900 bucks is a huge amount for me.

While Joe was here I was watching a new Netflix show called American Vandal. Top-rated. It's about a guy who spray-painted "dicks" and "balls" on high-school teachers' cars in California. Who actually did it?

Looks like Dylan, but is it really?

So, all this loud cursing is going on while the plumber is here.

ODE TO SHINY NEW FAUCET

May you serve me well, shiny new faucet.
Your left and right handles curve
like the arms of a ballerina
and your neck reminds me
of young women without
a fold or a wrinkle in
their swan-like neck.

You arrived on the day
when the Cassini Spacecraft
which gave its all
plunged to its death
into Saturn.

Coincidence? Or
just the grand plan
of the Wizard of Id
who knoweth all
and see-est all.

approach-PIA04913.jpg




No comments:

Post a Comment