Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Walking down the block at midnight

I could not stop eating these cherries! Was writing a wrap-up to our support group - we had about 8 in our group - and as soon as I finished my email, I went out to walk in the lovely starfilled night.

I had to walk off the cherries. They were not that good. Funny taste in some of em. I should throw em out. Readers? Can I do dat?

I did not wanna come in from the night!

Around 12 noon, yesterday, I finished my Blue Cross grant. IBX they call it. It would be a miracle if we get it. Hold on. I'm gonna pray.

Okay, fini!  Dyou think it's okay to ask God for money? Usually I just thank him for the good things in my life.

The entire grant app is done online. They leave you "blocks" to fill out, telling you how many words to write.

I realized I should fill in as many words as I can to plead my case.

A fellow named Mike Macrone from my accountant's office did the budget for me. So, after I submitted the grant, I wrote him a thank-you postcard along with my friend HAR and my mom.

The grant was particularly difficult as I had to upload about 7 documents. Where the hell were they?

They were spread out all over.

Form 990
Budget
Board of Directors
  Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Jeff Bezos, Vladimir Putin, Arianna

Image result for arianna huffington   She's 66. 

As I walked down the street in my China-made clogs, I felt as if one of my legs was gonna separate itself from my body.

Ruthie, sez I, you'll have to write about this.

When the command comes, I obey.

Must I?

Yes!

But I'm so tired. Really tired.

Ohhh, all right.

WALKING DOWN THE BLOCK AT MIDNIGHT

Darkness. No one about. Dogs settled down
on the softness of the rug, ears twitching
as they dream.

I pass by the resting bodies of cars. Coming very close
like a lover, but never do I touch. A few wayward
fireflies leap like a frog from the grass high into
the air.

What fer? Showing off for your lady love?
The black sky, dotted with stars and planets
covers us like a quilt.

I pause in the middle of the street
and stare upward. All the answers
are there. Beyond Jupiter.

Eyes closing, I step into the house.
What if? What if?
The planets took over my living room.
Floating like big bowling balls
Laughing, spitting out
gaseous clouds.

Grasping the railing, I walk to
my bedroom, change into
my nightie, and fall asleep
the moment I touch bed.

The planets and I
breathe in unison
like lovers.

Image result for jupiter planet

No comments:

Post a Comment