Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Sapphire and Zeke!

Am lying here on Red Couch watching Sapphire, a 1959 film, on YouTube, when there's a knock on the door.
Image result for sapphire film
British film. Nice snappy dialogue.

Scott just walks in so I figure it's either the boogie man or Zeke.

Zeke comes in and says, A film made in 1959. They're all dead now.

No, I say, they're not all dead.

I'm 71, I say, and I'm not dead.

PopPop is 79, he says.

I'm five and a half, he says. 

He looks around the living room.

Careful the tiger doesn't bite you, I say about my stuffed tiger.

He brings me the remains of my Dunkin Donut Coffee.

No thanks, I say.

Why, he asks, is your flower pot outside filled with water?

It used to be snow, I say, but it melted.

Oooh, he says, an insect. Kill it.

Oh, it's a stink bug, I say. No need to kill it, let's just bring it outside.

I drop it far from the house and onto the grass.

First I have him smell it.

Ooh! It stinks, he says.

I drop it.

Where'd it go? he asks.

I dunno, I say.

Then his mom drives by to bring him somewhere.

I spent hours submitting to Pure Slush, I think is the name. Stories and poems can be no longer than 500 words.

Oh, Matt Potter just thanked me for my 6 submissions! 

Titles or partial titles thereof include All That Blood - Urge to Call Simon - Harelip - and that's all I remember bc I am tired!

Okay, later in the day. Harriet from our group sent out this amazing video on How Video Games Can Help with Mental Health. View it here.

Starring ; Adam Gazzaley, MD, PhD

Image result for eric j topol      
And here he is on the Stephen Colbert Show.  Be patient. It will show up in about 2 mins after the commercial.

Image result for Adam Gazzaley   Bio please! 48 years old. 

What had I done when I was 48?  Fathered a child? Landed on Mars? Baked Blueberry Muffins?

No comments:

Post a Comment