Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Busy busy busy! But not TOO BUSY to forget about ya, Dear Reader!!! - FB Poem: Your order is about to be shipped

Melania Trump This is the official portrait of First Lady Melania Trump. I subscribe to "Your 1600 Daily."

Her bio was posted online. Excerpts please:

Melania Knavs began her modeling career at the age of sixteen. She would pursue a degree at the University of Ljubljana in Slovenia,

Location of  Slovenia  (dark green)– in Europe  (green & dark grey)– in the European Union  (green)

but paused her studies to advance her modeling career in Milan and Paris before moving to New York in 1996.

As a model, Melania has appeared in high profile ad campaigns and worked with some of the top photographers in the fashion industry....., including .... Her major layouts include the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, Allure, Vogue, Self, Glamour, Vanity Fair, and Elle. In addition, Melania has appeared in numerous television commercials and television programs, including co-hosting The View with Barbara Walters.

With a penchant and passion for the arts, architecture, design, fashion and beauty, Melania has thrived on the cultural diversification of New York City. This passion can only be surpassed by her dedication to helping others, and her generosity has been noted.

She was Honorary Chairwoman for Martha Graham Dance Company in April 2005, is an active member of the Police Athletic League which honored her with Woman of The Year 2006, has been an Honorary Chairwoman for The Boy's Club of New York for five consecutive years, and in 2005 The American Red Cross awarded her with Goodwill Ambassador which she has proudly served for four years.

Melania married Donald Trump in January 2005.  In March of 2006 they welcomed their first child, Barron William Trump.

Melania is also a successful entrepreneur. In April 2010, Melania Trump launched her own jewelry collection.

In 2006, Melania Trump proudly became a citizen of the United States of America.  She is only the second First Lady born outside of the United States. The first was Louisa Adams, wife to John Quincy Adams, the nation’s sixth president.

Mrs. Trump cares deeply about issues impacting women and children, and she has focused her platform as First Lady on the problem of cyber bullying among our youth.

Drove Rosemary to her hairdresser this morning.

While there I sat in the Fox Chase Library reading South of Broad by the late Pat Conroy. Rosemary said her friends LOVE IT!

Image result for south of broadKnowing me as well as you do, Dear Reader, lemme express my opinion.

Far too wordy. Extremely well written. Fabulous metaphors which pour out of his mouth like creamy chocolate pudding.

Kept falling asleep at the library and wondered what it would be like to walk over to the Dunkin Donuts while feeling fatigued.

You feel fatigued when you walk over.

Ordered a dee-licious

Image result for egg and cheese croissant dunkin donuts calories   Egg n cheese croissant, hold the sausage and

Image result for dunkin donuts iced coffee    Don't that look good?

To get to Rosemary's, I had to deal with the Edge Hill Road Bridge, which is under construction.

Scott routed me over and I made it on time.

Rosemary has a new 5-month-old granddaughter, Zadie Rose. Named after the writer Zadie Smith.

Image result for zadie smith      Stayed up late last night SUBMITTING.  Yer not allowed to submit anything you've already published. For some strange reason, I looked up looked up Tony Baniewicz on the Internet and found that Simon's former wife had died.

So I wrote a long poem about the family.

I also wrote a 500-word short story about an airplane crash. I was determined to do it. Rosemary told me that the childrens/adult writer Judy Blume had also written a book about plane crashes.

'In the Unlikely Event' by Judy Blume

Poem:

YOUR ORDER IS ABOUT TO BE SHIPPED

Five years ago my gardener
lopped off with his power saw
the roots of my swaying
red poppies

Off with his head for
that terrible indignity
and every spring since then

I gaze out my upstairs window
hoping they'd come back. Instead
I see the dull ground of life
between seasons. Better known
as death.

My sister Ellen researches for me
and finds on the Internet
High Country Gardens.

Papaver orientale Brilliant is
on its way. In a week or so
you will find me sitting in
my garden, wearing gloves to
protect me from microbes
and putting in the poppies
the way my mother taught me.
Tamp! Tamp! Tamp!

Image result for red poppies

No comments:

Post a Comment