Monday, August 1, 2016

Postcard to the Khan family

CLICK TO ENLARGE
It was difficult finding their address. All I really needed to know was what city they live in.

Charlottesville, VA.

Then I had to find an appropriate postcard of which there were none.

But downstairs I'd painted with spray paint - black and blue - something appropriate. All I had to do was run upstairs - three flights of stairs - and type up a note.

Drove after Mailman Dante, showed it to him, he nodded, and hopefully the Khan family will read it AND there will be many others from Americans who honor this Gold Star Family.

John McCain, who FINALLY wrote a rebuttal to Trump, was not the first Republican to do so, tho he should have been.

You've heard of the "Righteous Gentiles" in Nazi Germany, who refused to kowtow to the Nazis. The same thing is happening here in America by people bamboozled by the Republicans.

Read Philip Roth's terrific novel, "It Can't Happen Here."

Thanks to my friend Iris for her postcard of Mount Hood in Oregon.

Taking its rightful place on my Refrigerator of Dreams. Above is a card from Cranaleith Spiritual Center, here in NE Philly.



Just finished my excellent lunch. It defrosted from yesterday and was quite enjoyable.

Am hoping to brew a cuppa coffee and work on a short story called The Lottery Ticket,  one of the few stories where I pretty much know what's gonna happen.

Do you know the famous story The Lottery by Shirley Jackson?

Figures. You're too young.  But you MUST read it. Go ahead and find it. I'll time you, like my dad used to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment