Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Compass update

 My friend Barry - needs a new kidney - joked about my using a spoon to eat a salad. I said, Only very intelligent people like myself use spoons.

A little spoon history. When I was married and living in Houston, we went with Mike's mother - she called him Millard, which he didn't like - and some other people to a famous restaurant off the beaten path. Hmmm. Wonder if Lynne Henrion might know about this.

The dressing on their salad was mayo with aioli  (garlic). Fab!!!

For dessert I ordered some type of crunch, let's say, Peach Crunch with vanilla ice cream.

Served with a big spoon!

I told my friend CC, author of our Pursue the Wonderful column, that we have a great Compass issue coming up.

Just got the okay for a story about early-onset Alzheimer's.

Rem Murphy will send in a couple of his poems.

Stephani, a therapist, will write about being a good parent if you have a mental illness.

Oh, don't remind me of how hard it was when I had manic-depression. 

Decided after talking to Mark Amos at Bux-Mont Stationers that we should go with a full color cover and back cover. We only save $300 if it's all B and W.

My bulletin board, which Scott put up yesterday, is a source of inspiration to me. Mostly I look at little Haylinne. I've got Max up there, but no Grace. Gotta steal one off their FB page.

Am drinking coffee I bought today from Adryn at the Giant. She said it's strong. It may or may not keep me up.... I believe in the Placebo Effect.

See my bowl of Trail Mix I'm eating?

Am downstairs now, which is where I blog cuz that's where I download the photos.

What I wanted to say was I'm farther along in the Compass than I thought I'd be. That means I can either

-Watch Netflix or

-Read one of my many books.

Just started, while biking,

Image result for the sixth extinction  What a great writer she is. Works for the New Yorker.

Reader, help me please.

What should I do?

Watch or read.

Do not be shy.






No comments:

Post a Comment