Monday, November 23, 2015

Reviewing Gabe's book - New poem: Tea Service for One

I am drinking some terrible coffee right now.

Why?

I brewed Instant Coffee in my coffeemaker.

Got a busy night ahead of me. Wanna work on Chapter 12 of my novel. And also send my newest short story HAPPY to an online lit mag to get published.

Here's an email I got thother day:
I see that you reviewed a book by Thich Nhat Hanh on Amazon before. I have written a book that is similar to that. Would you be willing to let me provide you with a copy of the book in hopes that you would consider reviewing my book as well?
Yes, I said, so the author Gabe Dee emailed me a 147-page book which I'm reading online.

Very hard to do.



I read the first 20 pages. He wants the reader to meditate on Death.

A few quotes from the book:



So the first thing is to realize the many ways you deny death.

You live as if you were immortal, but deep down you know that your days are counted.

This universal key is hidden in this book. It is called Death Awareness.The awareness of death is the ultimate motivation, and dying people change their thinking and their lives profoundly. They learn to value life once again, and they use the small amount of time left in the most meaningful way they can.

Immortology is the name of the mystery school I created that teaches the technique of Death Awareness and shows you the way to immortality.
He talks about letting-go of our earthly possessions.

The first thing that came to mind was


Two teacups I bought at the late Mr Jim's in Hatboro, PA. His family continues to run the shop.

Why are they so precious to me?

First of all, I chose them myself. When I was a kid my mom bought me everything -  my clothes, pocketbooks, and shoes. I had to do her bidding.

Gonna write a poem about the teacups right now. Then it's upstairs I go in my warm PJs on this cold night.

Tried to take a pic with my iPhone of the night sky.

Hmmm. Let's do a Rorschach on this.

What does it look like to you,,,, your first impression.... c'mon, Rob, c'mon Teresa.... c'mon Ruthie

I was watching a film on Netflix written and directed by the great William Shatner called Chaos on the Bridge. It's the history of Star Trek and was quite good.

That's priming me for the Rorschach, which looks like our space ship is about to land on the moon.



TEA SERVICE FOR ONE

She views me on her white kitchen
shelf. An art-lover, she freed me from
the glass cage at Mister Jim's.

She looks me up and down ten times a day
I feel her love on my pearl-white hips
And crimson red lips.

Acquainted with beauty, she sees
me as a flouncing ball gown
in Gone with the Wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment