Friday, April 10, 2015

My YouTube Poetry Video - Poem: The Places I Go

Click here.

I purposely said my full name, Ruth Zali Deming, so you'd know how to pronounce "Zali," rhymes with Polly. Hungarian for Sarah. As Jews, we name our dead after deceased relatives. Zali was my mother's grandmother. Gramma Zali.

Here's what I look like on the video. Scott said I look so happy. Freda said I read with such self-confidence and professionalism.

When I see Luke circling round the block, I'll invite him in to watch the vid. This octogenarian neighbor likes having nothing to do but ride around in a circle, like a dog chasing his tail.



So far, there's 41 views and only one "Like."

C'mon.... "like" me, for pete's sakes. And how about leaving a comment?

I dare you.

Watch, I'll go online now, listen to something I like and leave a comment. Hold on.

It was the Mahler Fifth Symphony. Click here to listen. 

My comment: Heavenly! First learned about the Fifth 53 yrs ago when I read about it in Scholastic Magazine in high school. 

Was out of kilter today as the painters had barricaded the second floor with a thin sheet of plastic. They wore thick masks as they scraped off the walls in the hall and the bedroom walls.

When will I see the aqua paint appear, I asked Ed.

Image result for aqua paint benjamin moore  Steady, as she goes. This is too bright. He only uses Benjamin Moore.

Was forced to watch a Netflix film, which was quite good. A 1956 Nazi spy thriller with Clifton Webb. They pull off a brilliant scheme to trick the Nazis into believing the Allies will be landing on the coast of Greece, instead of Sicily. Very exciting!

Image result for the man who never was


Ate dinner at my sister Donna's. Only 14 more days until they move out. Boxes everywhere.

Kamelia made this fantastic chicken soup with great flavoring.  Baby David was wearing a blue outfit.

Like the Blue Boy by Thomas Gainsborough.

No, said Donna.. I would've heard of him if it were Gainsborough.

I'm positive, I said, and sent her a link when I got home.

Image result for the blue boy

Thomas Gainsborough
The Blue Boy (c. 1770) is a full-length portrait in oil by Thomas Gainsborough, now in the Huntington Library, San Marino, California.
At first I thought it read Huntingdon VALLEY Library, here in PA.
I'm going to write a new poem right now, but I'll 'publish' this link. Check back later. 

Guess it took about an hour, while listening to a Lightnin' Hopkins record YouTube found for me. 


THE PLACES I GO

Hold on tight
I’m on the stationery bike
pedaling away in front
of the flickering TV
Help me! I cry
I’ve landed in Nazi Germany
with their “mega weapons”
The Fuhrer, so confident of
the Thousand Year Reich,
See me shake him
from my perch on the bike
See me stare into his eyes
that swallow me into the
depths of Dante’s Inferno
I lift up my shiny black
Ruger Mark I
wave it before his narrowed
eyes and squeeze.

Rick Steves has traveled
to Paris. I pedal behind
his confident stride as we
stare straight up at
La Tour Eiffel, its
black iron lattice work as
fine as any lace on
Singer-Sargent’s
fancy ladies

Reaching for my book
“them” by Joyce Carol
Oates, I turn to the page
where Jules makes love
to his Nadine. She’s
married a Wall Street Man
who treats her good but
she can’t stop thinking of
Jules, likes his name, loves the man,
and will gladly die for
him. Jules, kissing her hair, soft
as a moth wing, is frightened
of losing himself in the waves
of their desire.
Of drowning.




No comments:

Post a Comment