Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Babysat Max for two fun hours - The Busy Box

Dan called to remind me to be at their house at 10:30.

I left early b/c I wanted them to take my pic for the next issue of the Compass. My hair is blond now, which blends in with the all-white hair underneath.

The shirt I'm wearing I bought in Paris when Sarah and I went a couple of years ago.


Mailed the photo over to Rene at Boggs Printing, along with a photo of one of their three cats, Blank. Rene is a cat-lover.

No thanks, meowed Blank. I much prefer a live mouse to a cookie.

Dan and Nicole attended the funeral of Zissis Pappas, held at a Greek Orthodox Church on York Road. Pronounced Z.C, he was one of Dan's roommates at NYU. Died of an aggressive form of melanoma. Read obit here. He was a professor at Rutgers.


Chugga-chugga-chugga, says Max about his trains. I began singing in my fake operatic voice Chugga-Chugga-Chugga and variations. Something I wouldn't think about doing at home in my living room.
 Nicole will finish her master's in May and then, she said, she'll start looking for a job.
Dan and Nicole took separate cars.

I was shocked to hear her come home so soon, well, nearly two hours.

I was having a blast!

 What's in here, Max? He was able to open the lunch box to reveal..
 Crayons! Green, Max. Next to the yellow rolling pin is a smaller one my mom gave me to give Grace.
I only know about the scale b/c Max dragged it out the last time I babysat.

Girl Scout cookies... the first newspaper article I got into a large Philly newspaper was on Girl Scout cookies. It appeared in the now-defunct Evening Bulletin.

I was happy that Blank still cared for me. Blank took the 'selfie.'

 Max has so many toys and he plays with each one of em.
I noticed that after he opens one of the compartments on this 'busy box,' he fixes the 'opener' so that it will be easier when he opens it next time.

Sort of like backing your car in, so you can zoom right out.

Why, I wondered, is he sitting on his book of construction vehicles? Who does he think he is, his father, Dan Deming the First? Who was also into construction vehicles and wanted to be a backhoe driver when he grew up OR a stuntman..

Well, I thinks, he's sitting on it b/c he loves it!

Boo-hoo! I gave this Busy Box and this Roly-Poly Thing to my grand-nephew little David when they came over.

Interesting story behind it. When I went off lithium after 16.5 years, I couldn't think straight. It's like an alcoholic after they become sober.

I needed to train my brain to think again.

At a garage sale, I bought these toys, which my kids Sarah and Dan both used. I took a photo when Donna, Kam and David were here in order to remember the importance of these toys.

Delicious stir-fry lunch. I ate it with "Carolyn's spoon." Carolyn was a dear friend of my mom who died recently. It's a unique spoon with its flat bottom part. Wrote a poem about it which I'm waiting for some astute lit mag to publish.

For dessert, I had three huge bowls full of p/c.






Image result for popcorn All packed up for my acrylics class tonite at Abington Adult Evening School

My sister Donna left this suitcase here - orig'ly for a comforter she had purchased - which is perfect to carry all the supplies I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment