Saturday, January 10, 2015

What a send-off we gave David Deming at Mom's house

Let the photos speak for themselves.

 Menu: chicken divan uses two cans cream of chicken soup, broccoli and curry powder, a recipe we got from Granny (Margie S Deming)

Ellen made fantastic quiche

That's my salad. I shocked everyone by eating with a spoon. I said, Things always fall off the fork. Mom said I'm probly putting too much food in my mouth.

Maybe I need a small beach shovel. 
David and I shoot the shit. Memories!
I eat the nutless brownies. Decisions decisions! Do you want a corner piece or one in the middle.

I'll have both, thank you.
Ellen's pumpkin pie - Libby's - with whipped cream with a hint of Kahlua in it.
A Death Row prisoner could do no better than to choose for his last meal: Mom's brownies with Ellen's whipped cream.
David wants to get the football scores. The Ravens were playing the New England Patriots near Boston. I was trying to remember the name of Joe Namath.

Like a true Texan sports fanatic, Dave could discuss football and make it sound interesting to a person such as myself who couldn't care less.



Would you mind if I excused myself?

I am absolutely exhausted.

Outside, it's 12 degrees.

Bracing!

No comments:

Post a Comment