Monday, December 29, 2014

The Importance of my Window Sill

Note the Limoges porcelain dish my Aunt Hy bought me years and years ago.
First, let's talk about the importance of my sneakers.

As Scott and I walked at Masons Mill Park on Sunday afternoon, I noticed to my shock the hole in the toe of my Nike sneakers.

Nike is a company I boycott b/c I read how little the factory workers make and of course the owner is a multi-billionaire.

But I have trouble finding sneakers that fit so, yes, I hypocritically bought Nikes about a year ago.

My long-lasting socks - how bout these neon-greens! - I bought at the Sox Lady in Furlong, PA.

I successfully sewed up the shoe, having a devil of a time threading the needle, or "nodule" as we used to call it when the kids were growing up, that was also for noodles.

It took me a good four hours to clean off my living room window sill last week. I had several empty receptacles that I needed to fill up.

My brother David made the ceramic birdhouse in the center. I found a picture of an owl with big eyes and taped it over the entrance to the brilliantly colored bird house. David loved bright colors and wore snazzy striped shirts.

Claudia McGill's large clay container on the left is now stuffed with some colorful items I found in a calendar. It's the color I'm interested in, not that they're from a calendar of birds and other animals.

The rocks to the right on the photo I took from Helene Ryesky's back porch when she lived in Maple Glen.

Last night while napping with Scott I watched The Drexel Interview with Paula Marantz Cohen.

   Here's the prolific Paula. Read her bio here.

Her guest was the Israeli filmmaker Eytan Fox.

Read about Eytan here.  

When I go home I check to see if Netflix has any of his highly-acclaimed films.

To my shock and delight


2 comments:

  1. Aren't you resourceful? Sounds like some of those things are truly special keepsakes. It's good to weed out, especially at year's end but hope you didn't get rid of those keepsakes.

    I feel as you do about Nike but also find that theirs are most comfortable for me and with my current issues, I need a comfortable pair so I ordered myself some for a holiday gift and even put my name on them. How's that for treating myself. Why I could not tell you as nobody is doing to stoop down to read the tongues on my sneakers that say Coach on one foot and Iris on the other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iris, just do it, as Nike would say.... Coach on one side, Iris on the other! Thanks as always for checking in.

    ReplyDelete