Tuesday, December 2, 2014

A Bedroom Facelift

I am slurping on this fantastic vegetable soup right now. Sarah made the rich chicken broth and I added all the veggies I had in the fridge.

Went to the Willow Grove mall today. I'm redoing my bedroom.

Here's why. I have hardwood floors which are cold in the wintertime. Worse, I can't get the dust out of em so I figured if I have wall-to-wall put in, I can vacuum them.

First, let's discuss my new nails. Gel, which stays on longer. Tom, the Vietnamese owner of the nail salon, could not find the right shade of GREEN I wanted, so I went with the turquoise.

Good enough to be buried in. Until then, I've got a lot to do.

What? The Lord just tapped me on the shoulder and whispered in my ear. Luckily, I don't understand Aramaic.

I''m at the mall, which has really changed since we used to have "Mornings at the Mall" with Helen Kirschner.

Now, my sugar was getting low. If only I could get some free food. Auntie Annie's didn't give samples so I bought a Toll-House cookie.

Unfortunately, I forgot to say SMALL so I got a huge delicious cookie, that when I got home, made my sugar soar.

Went to all sorts of stores looking for WINDOW TREATMENTS. This is the first time I'd ever said those words aloud - try it yourself! - and decided I'd have JC Penny install some white curtains, with a design on em.

Gosh, I feel more grown-up every day.

Here's a blurry picture, my specialty, of Nick, owner of Specialty Flooring in Roslyn. He measured my bedroom and left two swatch books here.

You know what? In my Green File Cabinet, left over from when I was a kid, I also have swatch books - materials from Majestic Specialties, Inc. in Cleveland, OH, where my dad worked.

Here's Sandy, Nick's wife, and exquisite maker of blankets. She's crocheting one now.

My bedroom will soon be obsolete. Am replacing Mom's drapes she made for me when I first moved in with light colors. Don't worry, you'll be the first to see em.


I was vacillating between

pinks
orange
purple

and made my decision tonite. Called Nick who will send someone out on Monday.

I had intended to spend the entire day writing, instead of shopping. I was so exhausted that I went to Scott's and slept all the way thru a sports documentary called

BRIAN AND THE BOZ. See Brian on Wiki.

During the 1980s, one of the greatest college linebackers ever in football Brian Bosworth was on the verge of becoming a certified Hall-of-Famer. After obtaining back-to-back all-American honors, the Oklahoma Sooner was soon ready to hit the big time and join the Seattle Seahawks from 1987-89.

Through his flamboyant personality on and off the field, Bosworth was on the verge of becoming a stable star, but steroid use and illegal drugs led to his downfall.

After shooting to the mega stardom, the former OKLA linebacker looks back on the mistakes he made during usage of the infamous alter ego The Boz, and how he’s been able to share knowledge with kids coming up so they won’t make the same mistake.

Photos are THEN and TODAY






No comments:

Post a Comment