Thursday, July 10, 2014

Last Day for my Contact Lenses

This is the last day I'm wearing my contact lenses. Am having cataract surgery in five days, Tuesday, July 15.

All sorts of expensive preparations to keep the contacts in your eyes and to clean them. Big markup.

I've always called my contacts: "my eyes."

Such as: "Be right down. I'm putting in my eyes." There is no vision as good as with contacts. Make mine gas permeable.

From now on, I'll be wearing my eyeglasses. I bought my first Tony Hillerman crime thriller for a dime at the library. Ethan surprised me by saying he'd read it and quite a few other books by Hellerman.

Just learned that Tony Hillerman passed away - 1925-1983 - of respiratory failure. Was he a smoker? A toker? A midnight joker? Thanks Steve Miller for those lines.

What a great writer we lost.... and he was only 83, which ain't that old nowadays! 

He is most celebrated for his Navajo novels like the one I'm reading with Detectives Leaphorn, whose wife died recently and this case gives him a reason to live, and Detective Chee, both Navaho.

Coincidentally on Netflix I'm watching Longmire, part of which takes place on "the Rez," a Cheyenne reservation.



Oh no! I just watched the end of the series. It's so suspenseful, like Homeland. I'm dangling on the edge of a cliff.

Will I have the discipline to go upstairs and work on my new short story?

Only the daylillies know.
Daylilies mixed with ornamental grass. They're here for such a short while! I made a point of visiting them every day to say Howdy, how beautiful thou art!

Well, pardners, I guess that's it for ole four eyes for tonite. You behave yourselves, now, you wild things, you!

No comments:

Post a Comment