Monday, March 10, 2014

Cooktop Stove by Summit - made in USA - Arrives, is Installed, and Disappoints

Here he comes, my electrician, Mike S, who's helped me out a no. of times. My neighbor Patrick Kiernan introduced me. They used to work together.

Mike made numerous trips into the house - remember the word TRIP - and I thot it would take hours and hours for him to finish.

I went off to my accountant in Warminster with all my paperwork. When I returned, Scott was helping Mike.

You might have to take Mike to the hospital, said Scott.

Mike, who, two weeks ago, fell on the ice and went to Doylestown Hospital for stitches, lost his balance and fell smack into the pointy corner of Aunt Ethel's desk

His head was bleeding profusely. He held a bloody towel to it. I took a look, smoothed down his hair, and told him it had stopped bleeding. He didn't need to go to the hospital.

Sit down, I said, and relax. There's no rush. I got him a glass of water and he drank the entire thing.

On the way home from the accountant's office I stopped at Bux-Mont Stationers to see if the Compass was ready.

Mark loaded three boxes - of 100 copies - into the car.

The minute I came home, the phone rang. Don't we love that? Don't we hate that?

David Kime, asking about the Compass.

When my nursing duties were finished with Mike, I went upstairs to select some poems to send David, in the same pkg in which I'd put his 5 copies. David has a yearly zine so I selected a few poems and tucked em in.

When I came downstairs, Mike was all finished, and was carrying everything back to his truck. 

This Compass is the largest we've ever done. And the most expensive. A dude at UCLA got his story in really late and it was soooo interesting - about side effex of meds - that I wanted to include it.


My new cooktop. I'm boiling water for my coffee and sauteeing my stir-fry.

Easy to clean, flat surface, burner lights up when it turns on.

Conservatively, I would say that this ELECTRIC range takes FIVE TIMES longer to heat up than my old gas range.

Is the cleanliness factor worth the trade-off of time?

Reluctantly, she says Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment