Saturday, October 26, 2013

The Last Supper - I'll be in London and Paris from Oct 27 to Nov 9

Mom and Ellen made me a delicious dinner, per my specifications. Diabetes, you know.

I was eating mom's tuna salad when I heard a crunch.

It was one of the bones that comes in canned salmon.

It was salmon salad. Delicious!



Before I left home, I went to Scott's but he was sleeping peacefully, so he didn't come.

We also had salad, Cento artichoke hearts, and


Mom's always delicious pea soup.

No dessert, I told her. So she served



I told Mom I sent a card to her dear friend Caroline Berkman, who is in hospice at Montefiore Home in Cleveland.

Mom said Caroline's sister/law called her and said Caroline is speaking in Yiddish.

This is not good.

Caroline's problem is Heart Failure.

Most of mom's friends have lived into their nineties, like Mom herself.

She and I were searching for words.

Ellen served me this delicious tea!

"Stash makes good teas," she said.

Never heard of em, have you?

So I get home and Scott comes out.

Quick, he says. Look in the backyard.

You can't really see them, but there's a BUCK and a DOE out there. He has big antlers. You can see the eyes of the doe on the right of the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment