Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Getting ready for tripping! Tomro, NYC.... in two weeks London and Paris

At last!

I'm blogging while listening to Marty Moss-Coane interview a Marine veteran from Iraq who self-published the book After Action. Dan Sheehan is healing here at home. He and his wife and kids live in a beautiful apartment he can't stand.

Why? It's too quiet. He's alone with his thoughts. He finds spear-fishing helpful. He goes into another world for three or four hours and gets his feelings out by spearing the fish.

Sarah and I are going on an 11-day trip to London and Paris in two weeks. Comfortable shoes are a must.

I tried on about 25 different pairs and bought and returned about 8 of them. I bought a pair of Nikes at the Willow Grove mall that cost $100.

This is ridiculous, I thought, as I sailed down the escalator no-handed.

I headed over to Marshall's, shoe bag in hand, to see if I could find em cheaper. In the same shopping strip was Famous Footwear. I'd never paid attention to it before.

Within 20 minutes, I was the owner of a pair of black canvas Nikes. See above. I never wanted to buy Nikes b/c I read of how terribly they treat their workers who must work very hard to make ends meet.

Possibly all the adverse publicity - as in Apple products - has produced changes. Slowly.

Called Dave's Limo who will pick up Sarah and me on Sunday, October 27. 


Door to door service by Dave's Best Limo.

Now comes the hard part. I'm taking a bus trip to The Armory in NYC tomro morning thru Cheltenham Township Adult Evening School.

Gotta figure out what time to wake up. Do the math. Bus leaves at 7:45 pm. I wanna give myself 45 minutes to get there.

So, I'll leave home at 7 a.m. Thanks for helping me figure this out. Am setting my Verizon phone reminder right now.

The phone will awaken me at 6 a.m.

My breakfast is all ready to eat:


My own black bean soup looks a lot like this Internet photo. I seasoned it with Basil, grated ginger and a cinnamon shtick.

Why, I ask myself, am I blogging about this?

Then I remember. My friend "Tree" - short for Teresa - wanted to see a photo of my comfortable shoes.

When I travel to New York, I'll know if they're truly comfortable.

I'll be tripping thru The Armory on Park Avenue



Oh no! There's an article about it in The Times from Feb. 2013. The photos are so unique, you don't even need to visit the actual museum.

Sort of like looking at the moon. No need to visit. Just gaze.

No comments:

Post a Comment