Monday, February 11, 2013

Complications from Walkin the Pennypack - Ron Renzi here I come - A Pope Resigns

 Did you ever see turkey tracks? Here they are next to my sturdy boots, which were the unknown source of great pain later in the nite.
 What does a turkey say, Grace?
 What does Ruthie say? I'm not cold b/c I dressed in layers.


 Hello, you dear!
 The frozen lake. What are the fish doing below the frozen crust?

This young buck took up the rear as the deer pranced ahead to get out of our way. This is the Robertson house, the exec direc's.

Scott took all the pix with his telephoto lens.

Since it was Sunday nite, we had our delicious pizza and then watched Columbo. Well, I watched Columbo. Scott was out cold. Drunk, as usual. With exhaustion.


Good episode with Eddie Albert and Suzanne Pleshette.

OMG, I'm thinking of that pizza right now.

It was a total lazy day of watching movies, checked outa the library.



"This is It," the Michael Jackson documentary of rehearsals for the London concert he was too dead to attend. It would've been spectacular. The energy he had at age 50 was phenomenal. Of course he was on energizing drugs that killed him.


The next movie was "Pearl Jam Twenty."  Here's the lead vocalist Eddie Vedder. He never knew that a family friend was really his father, who died before Eddie learned he was his dad. Is that screwed up or what?

I said to Scott, "Who's Eddie Vedder?" but then I found out and memorized it for this blog post.

You see, I had confused him with Eddie van Halen.

Eddie moved from an arid culture-less suburb of LA up north to Seattle, where a new type of indie rock was getting off the ground.


The guys really love each other. In fact, all the Seattle bands support one another, unlike the East Coast bands which undermine each other, including within their own bands. Witness the Gregg Allman Band, which I learned about from Gregory's autobiog.

One more for the road



Just remembered! I have one Pearl Jam CD and am gonna put it on right now! My fave song is Patriot.

Okay, so I'm fast asleep and awaken around midnight with horrific pain - and I mean horrific - below my big toe.

Oh no! Gout, I think.

The poor little fellow is throbbing like crazy. Just waves n waves of excruciating unstoppable pain. I fantasize 1) Taking a Percocet, which I have, but it's bad for your kidneys, 2) cutting off my toe and the bone below it, but someone might take me for one of Cinderella's wicked stepsisters.

Big toe of the Belle of Cowbelle. See the redness on the seismoid bone?

This is not the first time it happened. Uric acid is filtered out by the kidneys, so before my t'plant, I had a couple gout attacks and was familiar with not eating 'purines.'

On Wiki were listed all the foods with purines. They were my favorite kinds of food! Beans and more beans.

Oh no! I took two aspirin which did not a thing to help the pain.

Miraculously I slept until 10 this morning, having fallen asleep around 4.

The pain had lessened and got better as the day wore on.

I called my podiatrist Ron Renzi, 10 minutes away on Woodland Ave and Highland Ave.

A very good doctor.



Here's his new website.

The first thing he told me, after I told him about hiking in the Pennypack and wearing my mountain boots, was, "It's not gout."

HALLELUJAH!!!

It's an injury, he said, from the boots.

While I was there, I figgered I'd ask him to cut my nails, which he did, then sanding the tops with some sandpaper. Actually, it was an instrument. I asked him what colors of nail polish he had to choose from.

I can understand being a foot fetish from these gorgeous feet. Actually, if you don't mind my bragging, I think I have lovely feet too.

Do you realize all the work they've done for us since we began to walk?

Please thank your feet right now! Give them a little massage and say Ruthie says Hello!



Pope Benedict XVI resigned today citing infirmity. I will miss only one thing about him: his royal garb.

No comments:

Post a Comment