Monday, January 14, 2013

Mental Health Awareness Bumper Sticker - Tally's Alley


Yes, like the rest of us, Woody Allen ain't no kid anymore. Read this hilarious column he wrote in the NY Times on being a hypochondriac.

After a hearty breakfast of lima bean and pea soup (Rob, this photo is for you!)


B/c I have insulin-dependent diabetes from my antirejection meds, I often eat soup for breakfast.

Drove my car over to TiresPlus on nearby Davisville Road in Willow Grove, PA, to get my oil changed.

Why, I asked service manager Gary Lipshutz, do I think the name of this place is Avellino's?

They were here a dozen yrs ago, he said.

Wow, do I ever live in the past, I told him.

B/c I can't stand to sit still in the middle of the day, I went wandering.

Right next door was Artistic Screen Design, a super-successful place that puts designs on T-shirts, cups, bumper stickers, pens, you name it.

Perfect place to have our Mental Health Awareness bumper sticker, designed by our own Katy Temple, printed up. They do the design work right there but send it out to be printed.

Here's Adriann with Katy's bumper sticker up on her computer screen.

Here's Cheryl Clark, co-owner. Very lovely people to work with.

Their printing annex.

Cheryl designed this bumper sticker for her own car.

All bumper stickers are MAGNETS!  Never knew dat, did you?

Now for those of you who only wanted to look at the bumper sticker, you can get back to work.

But for others who are so captivated by my writing, please continue. Stories are everywhere to be found!

I learned some valuable info from Mailman Bob who had a small earring in each year.

This house was once owned by Mr Taliaferro. Davisville Road once housed many African-Americans, including one Jerusha Stowe, who ages ago, I used to visit. Her demolished Davisville Road house is now a field.

Mr T was a very old man. Mailman Bob told me he spent his last days in a nursing home. His property has been bought by a firm across the street that makes BEARINGS.

I'm gonna send an email to commissioner Sam Valenza to ask the name of the company. Sam's great, even though he's a Republican, and always writes back fast. He didn't know.

Just drove by. Scheerer Bearing Corp, Willow Grove Plant. See website

I always loved the sign "Tally's Alley," which was lying in the corner in some mud. When I propped it up here, I thought of taking it home. But what would I do with it? Once I had a shiny bowling pin from the huge bowling alley that became the Willow Grove mall. Finally there was nothing to do but throw it away. Probly would've fetched $10 on eBay.

Side door of Tally's house.

Taken from front window where the stained glass on the front door glows. Can you imagine all this being knocked down?

Yes, everything has a lifespan.

Boy, is it hot outside, I said as I approached home. My outdoor thermo read 60.


How'd you like to go outside for a breath of fresh air.... in China?

No comments:

Post a Comment