Sunday, January 20, 2013

Hanging out with the Demings - photos of Grace at the creek


Photo: Hanging out at the creek!!
Last time Dan and I went for this same walk, I taught Grace about Moss.

Feel how soft it is, I told her.

Now, she bends down and insists we all feel how soft it is.

It's great to know I have a good influence on her.


Photo: Hanging out at the creek!! We walked thru the Utility Yard of Upper Moreland Township. This is the bridge over the creek. Last week she called it "a river," which she learned about in the many books she reads. Ex-libris: Grace Deming.

Here's a photo of 2-yo Grace I snatched off FB, as are all the other shots.

NO DUMPING read the sign. Note the TVs that were dumped.  Grace carried this little stick along with her. We walked thru my backyard, thru the parking lot of Keystone Screw, then stopped to look at the new office furniture store Premier Office Solutions, which looks almost ready to open.

Dan predicted, probly correctly, that it would go outa biz b/c of its poor location - Davisville Road, Willow Grove. They feature Herman Miller Office Furniture, which we saw when we peeked in the windows.

Dan has Herman Miller in his basement and he can't get out.

For Nicole, who is quite pregnant, no chair is comfortable for her. Baby Max keeps nighttime hours. Last nite, in utero Max heard Grace come into the room and got excited.

My sister Donna, who studied to be a hair stylist, gave me a haircut. She did a great job. I wanted to pay her by paying for an on-demand movie but she wasn't in the mood to watch. She had to get up at 4 the next morning.

When my kids were little I took them on this very same walk, nature-lover that I am. In fact, when I drive along today I can identify all the nature spots where I'd go and often pick up stuff for my home. Once, when we lived at Village Green Apts, I put some gorgeous multi-colored mushrooms on the windowsill. Next morning there were bugs all over the place.

Scott, who visited before the Demings left, said that the crick we visited is undoubtedly the same as the one that runs through the back of the Giant Supermarket.


When Grace was exploring my house she saw the Replogle on my coffee table.

"Where's Japan?" she asked.

When I asked, her mom said someone gave her a doll from Japan.

I call that brilliant.

I had another consult with Giant nutritionist May Ann Moylen. My blood sugar readings were all over the place. That's b/c I hadn't been eating balanced meals. So, this morning here's what I had for breakfast:

cold baked salmon, small salad, 4 rice crackers.

When I got home from the walk my sugar was an excellent 87.

BUT I have to think before I eat, planning carefully what to eat.

I no like that.

1 comment:

  1. It's good to see Grace at the creek, learning about Moss and Facebook. I apologize for not being much of a commenter lately. As you have probably gathered from my blog, life has overwhelmed me, leaving me with little energy beyond that required to survive, do my Iñupiaq lessons and make a stab now and then, usually unsuccessful, at advancing my work.

    ReplyDelete