Thursday, November 22, 2012

What I learned today at the Giant gas station!


I brought in two Giant bonus cards, mine and Scott's. Who has the most points?


I went inside and the man on duty, Rob, said he could COMBINE both points, so I got 40 cents off the $3.59.

While inside and waiting, I noticed they have a sink in the back AND a sign that read something like WHAT TO DO WHEN SOMEONE DRIVES OFF WITHOUT PAYING.

Of course I asked Rob about this. Yes, sometimes they forget, but often they do not.

Get a good description of the driver and the car. Then call the store manager.

Once, when I was manic, I went to Big John's Texaco in Hatboro (it's now a Sunoco station). Oh, my mind was racing a million miles a minute.

I got out of the car, went inside with my credit card, and left without any gas.


While I was running back n forth to my car, a man in a purple Harley pulled up. "What a beautiful bike that is," I said.

"Thanks," he said, smiling beneath his helmet. "Happy thanksgiving."

I'll tell ya, I just wanted to linger around that sexy gorgeous Harley. The man wasn't bad either, until he pulled out a cigarette.

I asked the men behind the counter What's your busiest day of the year, Black Friday?

No, they said, the Saturday after that.

How dyou know, I asked. Did they tell you in a meeting?

No, they said. From experience.




I understand today is Thanksgiving. The Greenwold Family is still trying to figger out how to get to New Jersey where we'll spend the holiday.

Conflicting messages come thru the email and over the phone.

"My car can fit us all"

then

"Go with Dan."

I'm going with Donna. And my breads. And with Melissa and Rich. Gotta bring all my paraphernalia. Scuse me while I pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment