Thursday, May 10, 2012

Don't buy me flowers for mother's day, said Mom - and other fun purchases

Hopped in the car - listened to Chapter 18 of my audio book Hide - and was confronted by Mother's Day Flowers at Home Despot.

How can I refuse you?

On my windowsill above are two I bought. The one on the right is a stunning Purple Calla Lilly I bot for Shimon Waldfogel when he speaks at our group next week.

On the right is a house plant called Flamingo Flower. Gorgeous! That's for mom.

Here are some other purchases I made - or may have made.

You guess what's what.



Wenger Swiss Army Knife with the little scissors feature. It's now hanging on my key chain so don't try and get fresh with me!

The Shelby Cobra automobile, Scott's favorite car. A kit to make it costs $50,000, so of course I bought it for him for being such a great guy.

Did you know there are blue orchids?

I saw this one at Home Despot, looked longingly at it and I'll let you guess whether I left with it or not.

On my 20-minute walk today around the block I found this in the street

Quest-ce-que c'est?

Blossom from the tulip tree, right Dearie!

Unrecognizable shot of Scott's pink iris.

Human's eye-view of our year-old peach tree. The fuzzy little peaches are nearly an inch long.

This arcane shot is of a sloping flower bed to the right of my entrance. I transplanted beardless purple iris from my side yard that my neighbor Charley had given me years ago, I say, fondling my beard.

Flowers remind us of people.

 My newly accessible backyard as seen thru the screen of my new door, which I love love love. It's got the screen and the storm window all in one. Thank you again, Dave Small!

Mysterious plant that is not a weed.

Hello Bubby! Is this really my granddaughter? Really standing tall.

My son Dan figured out the paragraf problem on the new Google Blogspot.

Thank you so much, Dan! Now I can publish my poems on here.



2 comments:

  1. Good to see paragraphs and poems. For just a moment, I thought the mysterious plant must be marijuana, but that would make it weed and you state right up from that it is not.

    Granddaughter looking good. Keep her away from the mysterious plant. It looks like it already ate a wagon. It might get hungry again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the wagon wheels, btw, are for decoration. i used to have glowers in the entire red wagon but it rusted out. grew pot in there.

    ReplyDelete