Saturday, April 28, 2012

Sarah Wins Pushcart Prize - DeeAwn Roundtree seminar coming up this afternoon

Luckily I went on FB last nite and found that my daughter Sarah had won the prestigious Pushcart Prize for literature for her essay Skydive.

It's about her bucket list for when she was a two-kidneyed woman before ceding her left kidney to her mama so I wouldn't die a slow but not unpleasant death from end-stage renal failure. No dialysis for this good-livin' woman.

How nice it is to type in those words now that the crisis has passed.

In an hour DeeAwn Roundtree will give a Career Seminar at the Giant Supermarket. Was there this morning setting up our room.


 Bought these yellow calla lilies from Kremp Florist down the street.

I met DeeAwn in the waiting room of my former psychiatrist Larry Schwartz. Her badge said she was a sales rep from Janssen Pharmaceutica. I told her I had bipolar d/o and took Risperdal when I got psychotic.

Using her name, I called up Janssen in Titusville, NJ, and they agreed to publish our Compass Mental Health Magazine, which they did for many years. Hello Ed Quispe!

 
Now Mark Amos of Bux-Mont Stationers in Hatboro does the job. 

Oops, that's the Rifleman which Scott and I watch at 6 pm on WFMZ in Allentown when the signal comes in.

Mark Amos of Bux-Mont Stationers in Hatboro, PA. Always does a great job for us.

How much more time till I leave for the Giant? 56 minutes. Am expecting Helen Kirschner for lunch. Luckily I have some lentil vegetable I just made.

Scuse me while I heat it up.


1 comment:

  1. I hadn't seen this about the Pushcart Prize but that's wonderful and I send congratulations to Sarah!

    ReplyDelete