Monday, April 30, 2012

George Washington, Wait for Me! Our Hiking Group Goes to Valley Forge

Katy is a talented graphic artist getting her degree at TU. I told her we publish our Compass mag in the fall and asked if she'd be interested in doing the design.

When she said Yes, my heart lifted like a lark.
Here we are before we set off on our walk. Lyz, rear row, was our Hike Leader.

I'm wearing my Wolf Sanctuary t-shirt. Scott was able to go w/us since he's on a new sked where he's off all day Sunday.


Our goal was to march up to this Arch, 1.4 miles from our starting point.

This US Memorial Arch, accdg to the Valley Forget website, was erected to commemorate the arrival of General George Washington and his Continental Army into Valley Forge.

Designed by Paul Philippe Cret, it's a simplified version of the Triumphal Arch of Titus in Rome (A.D. 81)

It was completed in 1917, just in time for WWI.

Afterward, we went to the K of P mall. How confusing! We ate at a restaurant off Maggiano's, where the food was good, the coffee hot, and the conversation flowed.

Erica brought me fresh lemon for my salad since I couldn't eat their house dressing,  a pomegranate vinaigrette. My antirejection meds say not to eat pomegranates.

I take no chances with my daughter's kidney, which I'm giving a love pat now as I speak.




No comments:

Post a Comment