Sunday, March 4, 2012

Parade up Cowbell to see Turkey Vulture eat Dead Squirrel

Luckily, Nicole brought her iPhone so she could take a pic of this TURKEY VULTURE eating the run-over squirrel in the middle of the road.

It was the talk of Cowbell Nation.

Mom, said Dan, are you gonna revise your poem?

No, I said, I'll just mention it on my blog.

Dan works at AWeber.com, an email marketing firm. His boss Tom called him to come into work this morning, a Saturday. Tom said no one else answered their phone. Wonder why.

Turns out the server that AWeber uses is down. Dan drove down there, a short drive, and he can't do anything until Ben drives to where the server is.

Reminds me of when the New Directions' site was down for three frustrating days!

The Demings arrived here bright and early a little after 9:15 am. I was heating up my fish soup for b'fast cuz I had so much food in the frig I needed to finish it.

I had slept until 8:45 cuz I couldn't sleep during the nite. Maybe I was stimulated by the party at Paul Bongart's last nite.

Before the Demings arrive, I must scurry around child-proofing the living room: I carry my diabetes' supplies upstairs and put em in the middle of my bed, along w/my laptop.

Plus move my precious CDs away from reach.

You never know what will interest Grace when she arrives. She enjoyed the turkey vulture walk and also playing w/the old-fashioned phone that Sarah's high-school classmate Jonathan Ford made:



She loves to play a game w/Daddy. She slams my bedroom door and then Dan peeks inside. She comes running out, straight into his arms, laffing hysterically.



She loves climbing the stairs which she now does perfectly.

After they left and I was washing my dishes I realized again how I love my house.

Several years ago I had the window at my kitchen sink "lowered down" so I could see out the back yard.

All my rooms are carpeted the way I like them, altho some of em have nice wooden floors. What I esp. love above all my carpets is the way they feel on my bare feet. Feet have lots of nerves and are very sensual. Sometimes I just stand still and let my feet sink into the upstairs hallway carpet.

Nick, my carpet man, said he and Sandy used to have this very same carpet in their family room. He personally chose it for me. Remants, cuz they're cheaper.

Dan liked my new sofa-bed I bot from Gamburg's in Hatboro.

I think it's important to love where you live, so you can do your best work in the environment you, yourself, have created.

No comments:

Post a Comment