Thursday, March 29, 2012

Board Meeting - Quotidian Life of Shopping, Eating, Blogging / Poem: I Am Hungry

Freda Rose Samuels, Terry Farber (half-hidden in back), RZD, Bernie Samuels, and Sharon Katz. As you can see from the photo, I've begun to show. Wonder if my other kids - Sarah is 38 and Dan is 35 - will be jealous of the new baby. Not to mention my g'dtr Grace Catherine!

We ate at Ace Diner in Warrington, PA. Delicious! The service was great and I had two cups of decaf, along w/Greek food.

Here's my favorite mixed nuts' snack, along w/two scissors I bot at the Giant b/c I couldn't find my darn scissors and another one lost its cutting power.

I bot an expensive $9 Westcott scissors (wot dat?) and a cheaper scissors for $1, I think. You can tell by looking which one is more expensive.

Here's my good scissors buried behind a notepad. "How many times have I told you Ruthie..."

Tonite's reading, gotten today at the library. The first book is about a former Navy SEAL who talks about his many war adventures. I have 2 weeks to finish it, as well as Joan Didion's book about the death of her daughter Quintana. Talk about sad! But Didion is a marvelous writer.

The red book is Typhoon by Joseph Conrad. What? Never heard of him? Back to school with ye, then, Dear Reader!

I love to cuddle up w/my books at nite who sleep on the husband's side of the bed.

Speaking of eating, which I'm doing now - my second bowl of nuts - lemme fetch a poem about eating. Hold on, while I run upstairs.

Arcadia University

I had a date to meet someone in the cafeteria of Arcadia but she's not there. That's b/c I'm a day early.

I'd written a poem for the occasion and have no one to read it to. This is so frustrating I must take matters in mine own hands.

I talk to the Aramark cafeteria manager, Dennis, and he invites me back into his office and I read him the poem! We have a great chat and I mention how chick peas are often bad. He says they have a thermometer that makes sure they stay chilled.

The following poem was filed under "Food/Eateries." I forgot about this category and had taken out "Places."

I AM HUNGRY

Have you a favorite lunchroom
where your heart goes back,
way back?

We are talking here about cafeterias
built onto places of schools or universities
or, yes, even places of business
where we slide our trays across
metal highways
and the person on the other side
uniformed, perhaps,
dips a ladle into steaming dumplings
and asks, "Is that enough for you, Sweetie?"

Lunchrooms.
What are they?
Amenities?
Necessities?
Briberies?

Allow me to leap up
and dunk the ball
before the referee returns,

Let me in one quick gulp
settle the matter for all time.

Lunchrooms:
Just
another
place
for love
to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment