Thursday, February 23, 2012

Outraged? Do something about it



My colleague Judy Diaz and I were discussing her favorite subject: politics. She told me about a bill introduced in both houses of the Virginia legislature. Shockingly, it was introduced by a woman. Before having an abortion, a woman is required to have a huge penis-like ultrasound introduced into her vagina - even if she is a rape victim - to take an ultrasound of the growing embryo or fetus.

Personally, I've had lots of ultrasounds, mostly for my kidneys, and I don't understand why it can't be done directly on the belly.

I guess congresswoman Julia Byron hates women who want to abort.

When I got off the phone with Judy, I said, I've gotta do something about this. I was furious. So I went thru my postcard collection, selected one of the Shenandoah Valley, and wrote a brief note. AND, of course, signed my name and let her know where I'm from.

I am proud to have castigated her and signed the postcard.
Dear Delegate Byron --

Outrageous that a woman introduced the vaginal ultrasound bill.

Where is your compassion?

I dare you to try it out on yourself and see how it feels.

I hope you are never again elected to public office.

Ruth Z Deming, MGPGP
Here's a Jon Stewart video about the whole dreadful nonsense.

No comments:

Post a Comment