Monday, January 2, 2012

Chili recipe - visit from Dan and Grace

For my party I wanted something I could prepare in advance. I probly haven't made chili since my kids were little, but that's what I decided on. When I told that to my mom, she said, "We always had chili on New Year's Day. It was Uncle Benny's birthday."

Ground turkey meat, dried kidney beans I soaked, the usual cut-up veggies I buy at the Giant, two cans of diced tomatoes, unseasoned (I don't want anything that tastes unnatural in my chili), lots of chili powder, black pepper, and a can of corn, both for color and nutrition.

No salt.

I like to serve it w/grated cheese - I bought Kraft marbled cuz I thot it would look pretty - and also a dollop of sour cream. For the first time ever, Breakstone has at last come out with an all-natural variety - no preservatives.

I'm having it for b'fast. I just walked over to Scott's, where he's getting ready for bed at 9 am, and told him to come over any time today for chili.

Had a wonderful visit yesterday from Dan and Grace.

I always like to walk outside and greet them and then see them to the car when they leave. Was surprised Nicole didn't come but she was home straightening up.

Grace Catherine getting ready for her big adventure at Bubby's.

We went next door to Scott's to show her his huge train city. He made the whistle blow for her. On the other side of the room is Scott's weight-lifting equipment.

In Scott's dining room, Grace went up to a Xmas decoration of three dogs and a cat and picked out the cat. Her three older brothers are all felines: Nudge, Blank and Doober.

We let Grace lead the way. She went out on Scott's front lawn and picked up some tiny pine cones. She loved them.

Then Dan and I started kicking them to each other, as if we were playing soccer.

Grace got HYSTERICAL laffing.

Since I don't see her as often as Dan and Nicole do, I knew her attention span had vastly increased in only a week!

Okay, having eaten b'fast, drank a cup of Starbux decaf, and blogged, I've gotta get on with my Guest Editorial for the Intell. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I love chili!!

    I also love trains, model and otherwise. My uncle Sammy gave me his tiny scale ones--boxes-but they needed work and we never got to it.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete