Monday, November 21, 2011

Getting ready for the big night at Chris's Jazz Cafe - Pink Hair Salon - Jewelry by Elaine

Hair-do and styling by Amy at Pink Hair Salon in Hatboro, PA.

Ethan
just called. Twas a thrill seeing his name on the caller ID. He and the band had a great gig in DC yesterday and are driving in their van toward Philly. I told him to please thank the drummer and bass player for me. We'll all meet around 6 pm for dinner at Chris's. Dan is picking me up.

It was Ethan's idea to have the fundraiser for New Directions. We have nearly 20 people from ND who will be there. I'm excited for them to meet my fantastic family!

The most important thing is that I look good for tonite.

Made a hair appt for 1 pm at Pink Hair Salon in Hatboro, recommended by my sister Ellen.

I arrived 3 hours early, at 10 a.m.

Fortunately, Amy was able to take me. She also served me green tea, but Asian green tea. Made from brown rice. I told her Americans eat white rice w/the healthiest part - the germ - removed.

Without exaggeration, Amy did the absolutely best job on my hair of anyone I've ever gone to. However, she was not my first choice for today. But she was the only one open on Monday.

At one point, I was sitting in the chair and I asked for a drink of water. Hmmm, what made me so thirsty? I'm not on lithium anymore. Anyway, a man had just walked in - he was not Korean like Amy is - and he walked straight back and brought me a glass of water!

What, I said, you walk in from the street and get me a glass of water?

He told me he owns the place! They will do a complete makeover of the place, even tho I liked it the way it is.

It'll be even better, said Tony.

My one mistake, othan being three hours early, was I didn't have any reading material. While the hair dye was on my head, I actually wanted to drive home and get my fantastic book

I'm on page 4 of the Steve Jobs bio. Terrific! Jobs agreed not to interfere at all in the writing of the book by Walter Isaacson. However, he couldn't stand the cover, so he chose these wonderful images.

After my appointment, I drove over to County Line Pharmacy to fax something. Renee said to me, Ruth, I love your hair.

I got it done at Pink Hair Salon, I said. You turn into the same parking lot as the Wawa.

I'm already advertising for Pink.

Not to mention Elaine Klawans, the jewelry-maker/artist on a nearby street. I came late to her home show b/c I was at the library watching the Japanese film "Still Walking." I won't comment on this superb film here since I said my peace during the discussion afterward. In fact, my words - as well as the others' comments - are still reverberating in the room and out into the cosmos beyond.
Aren't these lovely? I actually said that to Elaine and she said, Don't ask me. I think they're all lovely. Wait'll baby Grace sees them! Just kidding, guys.

The necklace is made of vintage blue beads, iridescent acrylic discs, and little tiny blue beads.

Love at first sight!

Am on Chapter Three of my Kidney Memoir. Chapter two is called "So this is a Psychiatrist?" I had a simply awful man, who is subsequently practicing in Plattsburgh, NY, as a geriatric psychiatrist. I detailed all the things I didn't like about him, finished off the piece, and emailed it to Sarah.

This is really, really, good, Mom, she wrote.

I'll brew myself some tea, now, and work on the next chapter, "Valentine's Day, 1984," the day of my manic episode.

Aren't ya glad you don't have manic depression? I sure am!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment