Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Ada and friends travel to Byer's Choice and lunch at Borghi's


These are the figures the Byers family continues to make today in their large compound in Chalfont, PA. Each figure is individually made. I picked one up in the gift shop. It was quite substantial, in other words, it doesn't tip over when I picked it up to see the price: $68. Since I used to make clay figures, I asked what kind of clay they used.

The same type I used to use: a clay that air-dries. They keep fans blowing on the little creatures to hasten the process. (I would put mine in the oven to dry by pilot light.)

They have hundreds and hundreds of the figurines in specially designed rooms. We all took our time examining the specially-themed exhibits.

Where was my camera? In my pocketbook in Rich's car. Darn.

Off we went to Borghi's restaurant, also in Chalfont, a place I've always wanted to eat at. The food was great, the dessert even better.

Window view from our table.

The other half of our table.
I only had three bites of the scrumptious pecan pie that was served warm.

I finished it while watching Tora Tora Tora and enjoying every single bite. You keep it in your mouth as long as possible to savor the extraordinarily rich flavor.

I exercised on my bike for two 20-minute sessions today, made easier by watching TV or talking on the phone, so that hopefully it will mollify the consequences.

"I fear all we have done is awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with terrible resolve." That's the last line in the 1970 film Tora! Tora! Tora! It was a beautifully photographed movie about the attack on Pearl Harbor.

When the Japanese were dropping their bombs, the bomber pilot would look straight at the camera - and YOU! - with a beaming intensity. It was so well filmed.

A great scene was when an American woman in Hawaii was teaching her teenage son to fly a plane. They were up in the air in her bright yellow plane, the son doing the piloting. Suddenly a squadron of Japanese bombers flies all around and above her.

Johnny, she says, I'll handle things from now. The lady in the yellow plane does an impressive u-turn and makes a get-away.

Now I'm watching "Dillinger" about the bank robber and murder. Haven't had a chance to look it up yet on Wiki. I dunno how many times I use Wiki a day, but Jimmy Wales was seeking donations so I sent in my first one for $20.

Why am I watching all this TV? Cuz I finished the Compass. Still waiting for the proofs from Boggs printing.

No comments:

Post a Comment