Sunday, May 22, 2011

NAMI Walk - Raising Money and Awareness for Mental Health

Ten members of New Directions walked the entire 2.5 miles around the beautiful and green Montgomery County Community College.

I talked to so many interesting people including Nadine Hoch of PLAN of PA. She'll retire next year. Gail Beidler, who I saw, retired as a counselor at Creekwood and loves retirement.

I said to Tony Salvatore of MCES (where I was 302d in 1984) "Tony, I'll say hello to you after I grab some food." He's their director of development and a renowned speaker on suicide.

I was pleased to see some new friendships forming within our group as people walked along together.

What's more important than friendship?

Here's some photos I took. I won't caption them since I've gotta get outa the house in 2 minutes to attend a surprise birthday party for my sister Ellen.












2 comments:

  1. This one left me hungry for fried green strawberries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should probly fry them, bill - they're growing on my front porch - before the critters eat them (squirrels or deer) but certainly not bear or moose!

    ReplyDelete