Saturday, April 23, 2011

Meet me at Bonnet Lane

So I did even tho I'd had a cheese omelet for breakfast at home.

Grace, 8 mos, is now at the stage where she throws her food on the floor. I retrieved a pancake, strawberry, blueberry (which she picked up and put in mouth for the very first time, tough b/c you need a pincer motion), and her water bottle w/ straw.

Dan and Nicole. Wonder what the P stands for on her shirt. Pierogis?

Dan's homefries were so good I just had to order some for myself. With lots of ketchup. Both potatoes and tomato products were forbidden before my kidney operation.

Went food shopping at the Giant. Went to the bins and bought

walnuts
cashews
peanuts
almonds

Nuts had been on the forbidden list. I eat em out of hand or put em in my Greek yogurt w/ apples.

Around dinnertime I called Sarah. She's doing great and has resumed working as a research asst to Steve Friedman, helping research his next book about extreme sports. Marathoners who run 100 miles at once, etc.

We talked on the phone while she walked down the streets of Brooklyn to the Barnes n Noble.

When I went upstairs onto my laptop, a stinkbug was waiting for me. As I flushed him away, and saw his little arms flailing, I said, Goodbye stinkbug I hope you're not someone reincarnated.

This is an automatic thot I get every time I kill a bug.

What right have I to kill another creature?

None.

4 comments:

  1. The "P" stands for "Putu." That should be obvious to anyone.

    Perhaps the stink bug was the reincarnation of the last stink bug you flushed, and the one before that, and the one before that...

    Grace is too damn cute. We should have party: Grace, Jobe and Kalib.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea, bill, for a big putu party with the boyz and gracie. should i look up putu before i comment? nah. laziness always wins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so putu is an indian dish. since grace and i love everything we eat, we're game to try putu.

    ReplyDelete